Thursday, June 3, 2010

Paper Poppy June Sketch Layout

Happy Thursday to ya! It's my day to show off my Paper Poppy Kit Co. sketch week layout. Funny enough, I didn't even stick to my own sketch perfectly. That's the beauty of a sketch, though. You can adapt it to fit your needs. For this layout, I really wanted to use two photos and my tag looked better at the top and bottom than on the side.

I love the Lily Bee die cuts that come in the June kit. I cut this one in half and added it to the top and bottom of my layout. I didn't want to hide a single bit of it.

I love the giant GCD chipboard alphas that are in the June Add-On, but the colors just didn't pop quite enough for my bold, bright layout. Soooo, I covered them with the super fun GCD zebra paper. Add a red jewel for the dot, a little outlining, and those letters really pop now!

You have got to get some of these yellow Prima alphas. They are canvas and have a fabulous texture to them. And the yellow is such a deep color, matches perfectly with the Lily Bee papers. To make them stand out even more on this die cut, I outlined them with my American Crafts Memory Marker in Charcoal.

You can see the sketch HERE at The Paper Poppy. Won't you play along with us for your chance to win a July Add-On. Thanks for popping in!

6 comments:

Beatriz said...

Gorgeous page!!!! Can't wait to get my kit.

Wendy said...

Gorgeous LO Aphra! Love the prima alpha and also how you covered 'wild', in that very cool zebra paper! :)

mustangkayla said...

What a super fun layout! Its adorable! The letters for WILD are fantastic!

Kathy Martin said...

WOW! This is one wonderful page! So fun and colorful! :)

Juliana said...

This LO is so fun Aprha! I love the design and all the little details you added!

Tanya Tahir said...

stunning layout! The dark background really pops!