Monday, July 5, 2010

Paper Poppy Sketch Layout

Hello scrappers! It's Sketch Week here at Paper Poppy. This month's sketch comes to us from Frances. She created it specifically for our July kit. Take a look.


Photo Opportunity: My two cuties at the entrance to the Dallas Zoo. Although they wouldn't look directly at the camera, I did get some great pictures. I love all the colors in the photos.

I just love how Frances designed the sketch around these Jillibean Soup kraft tags. A perfect spot for my long title.

The Cosmo Cricket Joy Ride chipboard sheet has plenty of these fun flowers on it. I layered them with Cosmo Cricket Joy Ride buttons and Evalicious dictionary flowers. So much texture and dimension. Love it.

I added in this journal tag from the Cosmo Cricket Elements sheet. There are at least twelve of these and they have plenty of space for recording the details of your event.

Ahhhh......chipboard alphas. I love them! Which is why I have included the Scenic Route orange ones in the Main Kit and the aqua glittered Thickers in the Add-On.

To add even more dimension to my layout and to tie in the Evalicious dictionary flowers, I added in some book paper leftover from the April kit. I used some in the openings of the Scenic Route paper and the rest to make a ruffle. The neutral bookpaper also helps to break up some of the bright colors in the kit.

Danielle, Frances, and Liz will all be posting their takes on the July sketch this week. I hope you'll give it a go as well. Link up your layout in the Paper Poppy sidebar by July 25th for a chance to win an August Add-On. Looking foward to seeing your creations!

6 comments:

iza said...

love ur style.the colors was great, picture was perfect.love the flowers.i like...

Melinda Spinks said...

Aphra that is just too cute indeed. I love how you've placed the book paper behind each of the 'o's in the title - you never cease to amaze me with your ideas... keep 'em coming!

Kat said...

cute, cute layout! i love all the fun elements and layers of paper!

Sandiecris said...

wow!!!! this Layout is great!!!!

Audra said...

LOVE this layout!! super cute!! :)

Jennifer Moore said...

I know I'm too late, but I wanted to thank you for a great sketch and show you what I came up with. Thanks for the inspiration! :)
http://justfortheartofit.com/coppermine2/displayimage.php?pos=-6294