Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pretty in Pink Paislee

Today is reveal day for Creative Scrappers Sketch #114. For my layout, I decided to scrap a sweet photo of my best friend and I. We were all dolled up at my Mardi Gras ball. Fun stuff!

A Night in Paris





Supplies: Patterned Paper: Pink Paislee Queen Bee; Clay Embellishments: My Little Bit of Whimsy; Stick Pins: Maya Road; Cork Circles: Pink Paislee; Cork Alphas: Making Memories; Chipboard Alphas: Pink Paislee.

The flowers and vines were cut from one sheet of the patterned paper. I really wanted the flowers to pop, so I outlined all of them with a Zig black pen. Those cute little clay bees (by Stephanie Hart, available HERE) were just perfect to buzz around my flowers. The rest of the layout was pretty simple. And a lot more sophisticated than my normal pages, hun? Fun!

Don't forget to stop by Creative Scrappers to see the rest of the layouts and to see how you could qualify for this month's great prize.

Thanks for stopping by today! I am leaving for CHA this morning....eeeek! Soooo excited. I'll be sharing photos from the convention soon. :)

8 comments:

mustangkayla said...

What a beautiful layout! I love how you outlined the fussy cut flowers!

Melissa said...

gorgeous, love the fussy cutting.

Jana Eubank said...

Beautiful!!! Love your MLSB cards in the previous post, too. I love the way you scrap, Aphra! Have fun at CHA!

Elisabeth said...

I love fussy cutting and this is just down my alley. Love it!

Melinda Spinks said...

Aphra this is such a different 'look' to what I'm used to seeing you scrap... love it all the same! And so nice to see you scrap yourself with a friend... a beautiful page well worth framing!

Debbie said...

Lovely layout. Nice to see one of you. Love all the cut work and how out outlined the flowers. Gorgeous colors!

Sandy Davis said...

This is a beautiful LO. Love the colors and the Bees that you used.

Jennifer said...

I love this LO so much!! What an amazing photo of you and Frances!! Lucky you going to CHA!!!!