Friday, July 23, 2010

Rock Your Stamps!

Hi there, Scrappers! I'm guest blogging at Imaginisce today. Woot woot!

Ok, I know you don't know me very well, but I feel the need to get something off my chest. Every month or so, the folks at Imaginisce send us Design Team girls a ginormous box of goodies. And every box contains about six stamps per line. So far, I've amassed a whopping 72 PRECIOUS stamps.

I ooohhh and ahhh over their cuteness every month. And then I pack them up and put them in my super special Imaginisce stamp box. They are vintage . . . never been used . . . in mint condition. Probably not what Imaginisce had in mind, hun?

So, when Lori asked me to guest blog, I thought I might push the envelope a little and actually use one of my stamps. Hey, maybe even two. Since I don't have any Copic markers or watercolor pencils and my ink box mostly consists of black and brown, I had to come up with something a little different. That's where the i-rock comes in. Here we go.


First, gather your supplies.

Next, stamp your image onto a piece of neutral cardstock.

Arrange your crystals along the lines of the image.

Set the crystals with your i-rock.

Embellish and add to your project.

Repeat.


Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you'll try rocking out your stamps. See you soon!

5 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Creative way to deck out your pumpkin without Copics or pencils! :)

Melinda Spinks said...

I know what you mean in regards to the Snag-em Stamp collection... I've emassed quite a few too. Great use of the i-rock and the stamps Aphra... clever you!

mustangkayla said...

Oh, what a fabulous idea! I'm quite envious of your stamp collection! Imaginisce has so many cute cute stamps!

Elisabeth said...

Absolutely love the idea!

Quick question: My DD's favorite T shirt is loosing the blings. Would the i-rock work on fabric as well?
Thanks for letting me know
http://www.myschnipselblog.blogspot.com/

Wendy said...

omgoodness great technique, will have to try this in one o fmy classes. still never got a working irock. i need to contact lori again.