Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ticket to Ride

Being that it's the third week of the month, the Paper Poppy Design Team is going to feature our favorite July kit item. For me, it was the tickets. I know, odd choice, hun? Don't get me wrong . . . loved the wide rik rak, the Cosmo Cricket chipboard, the Evalicious handmade dictionary flowers, the hot air balloons, and the Maya Road oversized bottle caps. But you would expect to get such great scrapbooking products in a kit.

But the tickets? They came off of a roll of 1000 event tickets. The same ones you might find at a school carnival or for a raffle. I just love using an ordinary, everyday item in my scrapbooks.

Zoom


I separated the tickets, scrunched them up a bit, and used them as one of the strips on my layout. I love all the color and dimension that they add to my layout. I think I'll use them on another project. Maybe as a flower. Who knows? They're just that versatile.

Have a great Monday!

8 comments:

Juliana said...

I just love this LO! And all the fun ideas you suggested for those tickets!!! Super cute! Are you going to CHA???

Melissa said...

So sweet, love the title.

Lydia said...

Wow wo wow Aphra Great use of that chipboard, this totally rocks!!

Zoe said...

this is fantastic. Love how you used the tickets. :D

iza said...

fun n cute.love how u use the ticks n love the car..

Kathy Martin said...

Oh my! This is publish worthy! AWESOME design! :)

Myia Shantrice said...

Your kits are awesome! Love the layout!

Suzanne said...

Your work is so incredible!!!! This page is beyond fabulous!!!!!!!!