Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Birthday Tribute

Today is a special day . . . it's Frances's birthday!

Since I can't celebrate with her today, I thought I would post a little tribute to honor her and our friendship. My life just would not be the same without her. Here's why.



Even though we met while teaching English together at her alma mater, it was scrapbooking that really brought us together. We would get together at one another's houses (just a mile or so down the road from one another) and scrap until the wee hours in the morning. We'd scrap up until the ninth month of our subsequent pregnancies. We'd scrap with a newborn on our lap. It didn't even matter whose newborn, so long as we could get together.


After a year of friendship, we decided to take it on the road. All the way to the Big Apple. Where, as you can see from the photo, Frances tried to get me in all sorts of trouble. [That's another story for another day.] But I certainly learned to live a little on that trip. I even left my two kids home for an entire week.


We have even celebrated holidays together. Ringing in 2008 at the Boomin' Bolyer Garage Party, complete with fancy sunglasses!

We always have a good time whether we are dressed up in our most formal attire or hanging out with the kiddos at the zoo.


Even though she lives an hour and a half away now, we are still the best of friends. I'm so grateful for that! Thanks, Frances, for being such a great friend. Have a great day. I love ya!

P.S. Jonathan says, "Happy Birthday! You'll always be younger than Mom."

P.P.S. Ethan wants to know what kind of cake you'll be having because he would like a "wittle bite."

14 comments:

Juliana said...

OH how sweet and fun! Off to wish her a Happy day!!!

Michelle said...

This is so cool!!! How lucky you two are to have each other!!! I love the boys comments!! Too Cute!

Frances said...

Gracious...that is just the sweetest post ever! Aphra Dee thank you for such a lovely recount of our friendship...6'7" drag queen, booty dancing, and everything!!! It is hard for me to believe that we have been friends for only a few years because you know me inside and out!! All I can say in response is thank you for the same...you are really a true gift! Love you bunches and those boys...I love them like they are my own!!

Franny

Diana said...

Happy Birthday Frances! The drag queen was cracking me up!

Glynis said...

You are so blessed to have such a great friendship! Love the photos.
Happy Birthday Frances :O)

Teri said...

What a sweet, sweet post! Those pictures are awesome! :) They made me laugh because they were so unexpected! Happy birthday, Frances! :)

Kat said...

awww...happy birthday to frances!!!

erin said...

This is very sweet, happy birthday to your friend Frances!
There is something so magical about scrapping that brings women so close together:) I will forever cherish that part of it!

Kristine said...

what a great posts!! ;-)
a friendship you'll cherish forever
hugs to you both !

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Frances!!!! There is nothing better than a good girlfriend to share your life with!!!!

mustangkayla said...

Cute cute post! Happy birthday Frances!

Tanya Tahir said...

aw, it sounds like you have a wonderful friend!! I love your take on sketch #116 - gotta love PP ;)

Lydia said...

SImply fantastic!! What a great birthday TOoot! We should all be so lucky to have a great scrappy friend!!

Wendy said...

ya'll are so lucky to have each other! happy birthday frances!