Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Clip It Up Altered Dividers

Today is my first post for Simply Renee, manufacturer of all the amazing Clip It Up organizational products. Renee's products help you get your scrapbook items in full view where you can see and use them.

One of the perks of being on the Simply Renee Design Team is that we get a new Clip It Up product, and I chose the Mini and Upper Tier.





As soon as it arrived, I knew that it would be a great organizer for all of my handmade cards. (I have another Clip It Up for storing my scrapbook embellishments.) It is just the right size for 4 x 6 or 5 x 7 cards, and it will hold a ton! So now instead of having a box of cards shoved up on a shelf, I have my own little cardshop. The cards never get bent or wrinkled, especially if you use the Clip Grips.


To make my little card shop even more useful and fun, I decided to divide the cards into categories (holiday, friend, love, birthday and thanks) and alter the black plastic tabs designed to fit on the Clip It Up. Aren't these fun?


The dividers were very simple to alter. After trimming down two pieces of paper to fit the tag, I used it as a guide for punching a hole with my Crop-A-Dile and cutting a slit on one side. Then, I added some layered flowers and butterlies to the centers and the category titles at the top.



Supplies: Paper Poppy August Kit, Cosmo Cricket DeLovely, Jillibean Soup Summer Squash.

You can find all of Renee's fabulous products in her store HERE. And be sure to pop over to the blog HERE where you can find all kinds of scrapbook tips and storage ideas.

Hmm...now I just need to decorate the actual Clip It Up to match. I'm thinking turquoise spray paint and hot pink flowers. Oh wait, maybe yellow base and pink and blue butterflies. So many cute possibilities. I'll be back soon to show you how it turns out.

Happy Wednesday!

7 comments:

Juliana said...

This is an adorably cute way to organize! love it!!!

Melanie Stanczyk said...

What a super cute idea!

I have tons of those dividers, thanks for the inspiration!

Teri said...

What a cute idea, Aphra! Love it! :) Makes me want a clip-it-up!

Kathy Martin said...

Cool idea! :)

Terri said...

This is such a cute idea! I love your dividers! :o)

Lydia said...

Fantastic, dividers Aphra!! Wish that I had room for one of these they would be so handy!!

Michelle said...

Love your little dividers!! What a clever idea!!! LOVE it!!