Thursday, August 12, 2010

Here Fishy, Fishy!

It's Challenge Week at Paper Poppy Kit Co. We are asking you to create a layout about your favorite summertime activity. Since it is soooo hot down here in Louisiana, we spend a lot of time in the summer trying to get and stay cool. Sprinklers, water guns, swimming pools, splash pads. This year we even bought a teeny tiny pool for our mini Daschund. I imagined him taking little dips in his baby pool during the day while we were gone. Staying hydrated. Enjoying a pup's life. Um, no. He didn't want anything to do with it, so Ethan decided that he would claim it for himself. You know, his second pool.

H2O Lovin'

New favorite. WalGreen's collage prints. I created this one online in about five minutes, picked it up in one hour, and paid a whole $1.99 for it. But even better is that I got to use FOUR photos and still maintain a good bit of white space. LOVE that!

As you can see, I am still using Jillibean Soup's amazing corrugated alphas that came in the May kit. I realized after I finished the layout that I should've tried misting them with the pink Maya Mist that came in this month's add-on. Hey, why don't you give that a try for me? Thanks.

I'm still not sure how I feel about these little fish. There were some blue ones printed on the paper. I imitated their shape to create these guys, so that I could add some more dimension to the page. But now they look a little too big. I actually considered redoing the layout, but I try not to do that. So I resisted temptation. Hee, hee!

Ooooo ahhhhh. Yummmmm!!! Those American Crafts pearl brads are divine, I tell ya! That could've been the only embellishment in the kit, and I would've been happy. Happy with flat layouts. But happy nonetheless. LOL!

Thanks for popping in today! Hope to see your Summer Challenge layout soon.

5 comments:

Melinda Spinks said...

Aphra... love it! How cute are those pearl brads and the candy-stripe thread. I think your fishies are perfect, not too big at all!

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Another one of your gorgeous and sweet designs!!!

Sandiecris said...

aww how cute are those little fishes and ethan is such a trip

Teri said...

Love this! I really like the fish, Aphra - I think the size works! :)

Cathy said...

cute little fishes