Monday, August 30, 2010

Look What I Unearthed

While I'm on vacation this week, I thought that I would tackle my monstrous pile of layouts that need to be placed into albums. Yeah, that would be over 100 layouts. Pshhh...ridiculous!

Anyhoo, I found a layout that I never posted here. I completed it as part of a little impromptu challenge at the Treasured Memories Rayne Forest crop in July. My new friend Vera and I decided to challenge each other to create a layout in under an hour using the following elements: masking, metals, and the color orange. Here's mine.

Moment In Time: I just happened to have this vintage photo of my oldest son with me at the crop, so I went with that style layout. A little different for me, I think. I bought a Tim Holtz mask and some Gunmetal Glimmer Mist to create the clock and set the theme of my layout. Then, I piled on some Studio Calico paper; Pink Paislee, Jillibean Soup, My Little Shoebox, and American Crafts alphas; Glitz stickers; vintage sheet music; burlap swatch; and Making Memories metal.




Even though this one isn't quite my usual style, I did like the final result. Especially since I finished it in less than an hour. That's a first!

Thanks for stopping in today. I'll be back tomorrow with another Imaginisce sketch challenge layout. Have a great day!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

i love it!!

Michelle said...

Wow!! Awesome job!!! I love all the layers and the misting!!! Fun going back and scrapping those older photos!!

Frances said...

Oh my gracious...that picture!! He is such a cutie!! Love the layout too...you're right, not your typical layout! But I love it!!

Sandy Davis said...

Great pic of your Son and love the layout. I have some of Tim Holtz's masks but have not put them to use yet. Thanks for the inspiration!

Melinda Spinks said...

It is definitely not your traditional style but WOW, it is still gorgeous anyhow! What a nice little find, thanks for sharing it with us!

Vera Holloway said...

I love the way your layout came out...I need to post my to my blog too! Great work!!