Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My Little Shoebox Wall Hanging

I can finally share all my My Little Shoebox CHA projects with you. Wooo hooo!!! It was so much fun creating with one of the new lines, Cute As A Button. The colors are amazing, and there are some seriously sweet girls on the papers. I'll be sharing them all week. Here's my favorite.

Love Blooms Here Wall Hanging

I bought this three piece wooden hanger at Michael's on clearance for $2.00. Score! I painted it white with some cheap acrylic paint. It was a bit flat, so I dry brushed over it with pink (same cheap acrylic paint). Then I brushed over the top with some Mod Podge. And the most amazing thing happened. The Mod Podge made the frame looked weathered. What a happy accident!

Oh my word! How cute is that little chickee? Pretty sweet, hun? You are sure to find a cute little girl that reminds you of a special girl in your life. I decided to embrace the girliness of the line, and use soft colors and ribbons and paper doilies for my project.

Creative Imaginations provided us with some amazing ribbons. In addition to the ones tied around the hanger, I used some green grossgrain to make my leaves for the flowers. I love how well it matched the chipboard alphas. Oh, and they also sent those sweet pearls that you see in all of the girls' hair.

Finally, to make the chipboard alphas match the overall shabby chic look that I was going for, I sanded the edges a bit to let the white inner core show through. I also used some of the negative spaces of the alphas with paper behind to really make them pop. That little trick doubles the number of alphas you get!

This sweet number will be headed over to my friend Frances's house. She actually has three girls, so it will really be cute at her house.

Thanks for stoppin by! See you tomorrow with another My Little Shoebox Cute As A Button project. Tootles!









7 comments:

Sandy Davis said...

What an awesome wall hanging. Love the doilies on there!

Laurie (Wally) said...

Ohhh this is so cute.. Great Idea..TFS

mustangkayla said...

Your wall hanging is addorable!

Jennifer said...

Aphra this is so adorable!!! What great inspiration for a wonderful gift idea!! :)

Jamie Harder said...

This is SO dang CUTE .... LOVE it!!

Melinda Spinks said...

Aphra this is just the cutest... and I bet you loved every minute of it because you got to 'embrace the pink'! LOL! You've made an adorable keepsake that the girls are going to cherish.

Samantha said...

love this aphra , it is adorable!