Friday, August 13, 2010

My Little Shoebox's First Sketch Challenge

Alright ladies, grab your favorite My Little Shoebox lines and come play with us. Every other month we'll be hosting a sketch challenge, and the first one went up today. Wooo hooo!!! Look at this amazing sketch Pamela Young created for us.

This month I am working with Simple Life, one of My Little Shoebox's six new releases. It is super cute, especially for a momma of two boys. Here's my take on the sketch.

Mudbugs

My little guy didn't know what to think about the crawfish we boiled at his third birthday. He rescued a few to hang out with while the rest of us enjoyed the feast.

To create my little farm scene, I cut the barn, silo, and sheep from the Black Sheep paper and then used foam dots to attach them to one of the journal cards. LOVE it! I used my pinking sheers to trim the large yellow circle that frames the green tree paper circle. Easy.

To create this fun banner, I cut a 1 x 1 1/2 inch square and then trimmed it down to a triangle. I glued it to a piece of red paper and cut around it with the pinking sheers. Then I added more sheep. They are so cute. I just couldn't resist.

So now it's your turn to use the sketch. Hop on over to the My Little Shoebox blog to see the challenge rules and more amazing layouts by the rest of the design team.

Have a fabulous weekend!

10 comments:

Melanie Stanczyk said...

This is perfect! You used my favorite line too.

I'm going to work on mine right now!

Susan Dupre said...

so adorable Aphra!!

Laurie (Wally) said...

This is so cute Aphra... I love this sketch..tfs

Teri said...

Very cute, Aphra! Love it! :)

iza said...

fab!!!aphra.the color contrast was great.the pp make the rest of lo stand out.

mustangkayla said...

Cute cute cute layout!

Katt said...

It was so nice 'meeting' you over at SI tonight! Love this page. I never think to use my decorative scissors and here you used them perfectly!

ChelseaL said...

Oh I can't wait to use that sketch too!! I just wanted to thank you again for chatting with us tonight!!!

Stacey Michaud said...

suuuuper cute! It was sooo nice meeting you in real life at CHA. I wish we could have gone for coffee or something! Hope all is well!

Cathy said...

oh thats so cool, will have to check it out