Friday, August 20, 2010

One Last Cute As A Button Project

Hello! Hope you are having a great Friday. Today I want to share my last My Little Shoebox Cute As A Button project. A penant door hanger for my little friend Vivian. I was inspired by the banner stickers and stamps that come with this line. Super cute!

To make the base, I cut a sheet of Maya Road acrylic into a triangle and covered it with the blue polka dot paper. Then I cut the scallops off the square scallop paper and attached them to the sides. To cover up my not so neat point, I added several layers of die cuts and stickers.

Another cute little lady from the sticker sheet is taking center stage. I stacked her on top of a die cut and a doilie. LOVE those doilies. They really went well this line, too.



Here's a close up of the stacked die cuts and stickers added to the bottom of the penant. Lots of pop dots to help give it even more dimension.


A close up of the banner stickers that I peeled right off the sticker sheet and added to the top. (Peel and stick. Hard work, I know.) I love how all the colors from the line are included.

Hope you've enjoyed my Cute As A Button week. Oh, and don't forget about the My Little Shoebox Sketch Challenge. You can get details or link up your take on the sketch HERE.

Have a great day! I'll be back tomorrow with a sneak of Paper Poppy's August Kit.

2 comments:

Teri said...

Love the layered banners across the top! Super cute! The doily detail is adorable, too! :)

Sandy Davis said...

What a great pennant, love that doily you used.