Saturday, August 7, 2010

Paper Poppy Sketch Layout

The August kit at Paper Poppy is cram packed with Cosmo Cricket DeLovely and Jilliben Soup Summer Squash. Bright pinks, greens, yellows, and blues. I love every inch of every piece! But with two boys to scrap, I have to work hard to make it work. For my Paper Poppy Sketch layout, I think I made it work.

For my son's third birthday, all he asked for was a party with a clown and balloons. The party was being thrown by his Aunt Charlotte, and he told her many times that he wanted a clown and balloons. Her friend actually dressed up like a rodeo clown complete with face paint and a purple wig and they surprised him at his party. Aunt Charlotte drove the clown up to the party on the back of the golf cart cow train. It was such a sight! And all those bright clown colors coordinated very well with my August kit.

Just One Wish

I was sooo excited to be able to include FOUR photos on this one page layout. Instead of the horizontal photo, I added two more vertical photos. Gotta love a flexible sketch!

I got a little happy with the Cosmo Cricket Ready Set Chipboard. All said and done, I believe there are nine pieces on the page. I just love it though! Peel and stick cuteness. What could be better?

I couldn't end this post without mentioning the TWO sets of alphas that come in this kit. The hot pink little numbers are Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type Alphas and the polka dotted robin's egg blue sweeties are American Crafts Thickers. YUM! You don't even have to buy the add-on to get these. What are you waiting for? There are only THREE kits left!

You can see the sketch HERE at the Paper Poppy. Deadline to enter the sketch contest is August 25th. Just link up your layout in the sidebar.
Have a fabulous weekend! And we'll be back next week with our August challenge.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh what a memorable birthday he had!! I love the story behind this!! Yes, you made this work great for your little one's party page!!! You did a great job putting the kit together.. like always. :)

Teri said...

What a great story for this awesome layout! Love it! :)

Kathy Martin said...

What a fantastic page! Love that De Lovely line...you did such a great job with it...your design is so fun! :)

Debbie said...

This is such a fun, bright layout! Kudos to you for using four pictures!

Jennifer said...

Wonderful LO!!!! Loving the vibrant Delovely with the kraft!! Gotta mix this too!! ;) Sweet photos and looks like Ethan had a great party!