Monday, August 16, 2010

Pearl Girl

Hi ladies! Hope you enjoyed your weekend and are ready for a fun week at The Paper Poppy. We'll be chatting up our favorites from the August kit (only 4 left). Me first, me first!

Feeling Fancy

Before I go any further, I feel I must say something about that photo. Not sure what exactly, but something. I was getting dressed and my little guy was in the closet with me. He is a curious little busy body. Typically, he tries on my shoes and "clop clops" around the bathroom until I'm ready. This day, though, he ditched his clothes and put on my scarf and gloves. Then he decided he'd practice some of his dance moves to the Wonder Pet beat. Of course, I had to snap some photos.

Okay, now that we aren't focused on the photos any more, I'll tell you about my favorite product. The American Crafts Pearl Brads. OH MY WORD...love them. Even the package is adorable. They are just soooo pretty. Here I used them for my butterfly centers. On my last layout for my tags. And on my first layout as flower centers. Don't worry. I have some left for my card next week.

How fun is that ruffled paper? Well, more crumpled than ruffled. I really wanted something textural over there on that side of the layout, so I cut a strip of paper and crumpled it up and then gathered it onto some adhesive. Easy.

For my journaling, I cut a tag into strips and added them at angles, some flat and some with pop dots. Again, I like a little texture to the page. And finally, I added my title with those amazing Thickers. Aren't they sweet? Polka dots. Sheesh, that's cute!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Melinda Spinks said...

My goodness your son is gonna hate these pics in about 10 years time LOL!
Aphra, I love the way you've done the journalling tag by cutting it into strips and staggering the heights... such a cool idea that I think I'm gonna have to borrow it at some stage :)
Gorgeous page again!

Sandy Davis said...

Great pics to scrap, and love the crumpled border and what you did with the tag! Thanks for the inspiration!

Michelle said...

This is fun (and funny!!) Oh, Ethan is not going to like these in a few years!! LOL But that is ok!! I too love the cut up tag. I bought this line when it first hit the stores, now wishing I would of waited.. as this kit is amazing!! I just love all the goodies you have put with it!! I LOVE the pearl brads too. Went looking at Archiver's. Wouldn't you know it.. they were out of THAT set! :/

Teri said...

Aphra, those photos are hysterical! I love this fun layout - thanks for describing your thought process as you added texture! I sometimes find that I'm "stuck" for what's missing in my layouts, so I'm going to take some inspiration from you! :)

iza said...

hi aphra,
love love the colors n i really like what u did with the journal tag.fab creation!!!