Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Strip Tease

Yep, that's me. Today I've got a little paper strip tease for you. Hee hee! It's card week at The Paper Poppy, and I have a fun technique to share.

Sweetness Card: When I first decided to include the Maya Road Strawberry Coaster Album in this month's kit, I had every intention of making a mini album. But then, I had this idea.

I pulled out all my favorite border punches (scallop, upper crest, doilie, flower scallop, and heart scallop), punched up ten strips of the pink cardstock, glued them to the chipboard strawberry, trimmed and chalked the edges, and popped up the scallops. Isn't it such an amazing effect? I may just have to cover every piece of raw chipboard this way. Just saying.

To finish off the strawberry, I traced its top onto a green scrap and outlined it. Then, my favorite part, I added three of the American Crafts Pearl Brads. My all-time favorite brads. So sweet.

Frances, Liz, and Lucy will be strutting their card-making stuff starting tomorrow. Be sure to pop over to The Paper Poppy to take a little looksey. Have a great day!

9 comments:

Melinda Spinks said...

Aphra, you had better be submitting this card because it is just the cutest thing I've seen! What a clever idea! Looking forward to seeing what the girls come up with tomorrow.

Debbie said...

Love it! Great minds must think alike as I was working on a layout last night using the strawberry and also used a border punch to cover it!
Love the bright colors. I absolutely love the August kit!

Heather said...

Absolutely LOVE this card!! What a fun technique!! Thanks for sharing!

mustangkayla said...

If this isn't just the CUTEST card EVER! That strawberry is absolutely ADORABLE!

Sandy Davis said...

What a great idea you had for the strawberry. Thanks for sharing. The card is great and I love those pearls also.

Laina Lamb said...

Love this card! Great idea!

Stacey Michaud said...

this is seriously adorable...you rock!

Rhonda V. said...

I totally LOVE this card! What a fabulous idea and the textures are amazing!!!

Great work, and I agree --- SUBMIT this!!!

Juliana said...

That card is just too adorable!!!