Monday, September 27, 2010

Calling All Card Makers

This Saturday is World Card Making Day. World Card Making Day is a holiday especially for card makers around the world to celebrate the creativity of handmade cards and the personal connection that they create between friends and family and to kick off (and get a head start on) the holiday card-making season. To find out more about the holiday and to join in with others who'll be celebrating, you can go HERE.

We'll be celebrating all week at The Paper Poppy Kit Co. as our design team shares their cards made with September's Kit, Summer Daze (only 8 left!). Today, it's my turn.

Sweet Baby Card


The pink and blue colors in the kit reminded me of the colors in a baby's hospital hat. Awww . . . So I gathered together lots of pink and blue supplies from the kit to create my card.

I used a Sassafras Lass journal sticker and photo corners to decorate my pink cardstock base. The star was already covered in blue glimmer mist because I used it for a mask on THIS layout. Perfect way to get the most out of your products. For the star's center, I punched a scalloped circle from the Jenni Bowlin Bingo Card and attached some gathered crepe paper to the back. Then I layered on another star and pink bling from the center of one of the American Crafts felt flowers. Finally, I added a tag for my sentiment. The hot pink word was from last month's kit and the word baby was from this month's alphas.

Wanna celebrate with us? If so, link up your favorite card that uses at least one item from this month's Paper Poppy Kit HERE by Monday, October 4th to be eligible for this card making kit: 6 x 6 Cottage Christmas Pad, Snowflake Stamp, and Blossoms by Imaginisce; Snowflake Brads and Red Brads by Bazzill; Brown Grossgrain Ribbon by American Crafts; and Stockings Ribbon by Paper Studio.


Can't wait to see all your fabulous cards!

2 comments:

mustangkayla said...

What a fabulous card! LOVE your design! That big star and how you layered the letters for baby! Very very very pretty!

Tina said...

Adorable card!!! Love the ruffled tissue paper! :)