Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Dino Mite Candy Boxes

For Valentine's Day last year, I made my kiddos some fun candy boxes by altering bead organizer boxes. My kids LOVED them. They ate treats out of them for months. As soon as Imaginisce released the Dino Roar line, I knew I wanted to make some more of these fun boxes.


You R Dino Mite Candy Boxes


I used the dinosaur track and journal stamp to decorate the inside of the lid. I wrote each of the boys a little note on the journal stamp. I am not much of a stamper, but the Dino Roar Snag 'Em Stamps are sooo easy to use.


I wanted all the candies inside to look like rocks or dinosaur eggs, so I chose Whoppers, Reese's Pieces, speckled jelly beans, etc. My oldest son picked up on that theme right away. What a good sport, hun?


I love how well the Cuttlebug Tiny Mosaic Texture Embossing Folder works with this Dino Roar line. It reminded me of the look of animal skin and really added great dimension to the box top.



To finish it off, I added some strips of paper, a circle, a couple of stickers, and some alpha stickers. Easy and soooo fun! My boys LOVED them. And are still enjoying the candy inside.

If you would like to get your hands on this new line by Imaginisce, head on over to their blog HERE and see if you can win a pack. Happy Tuesday to ya!

8 comments:

Caroline said...

Those are so cute!! I only have a little to scrap so it's nice to see some boy things too!!

Melinda Spinks said...

Yum, yum, yum, yum... Aphra you know I love this, but just had to say it again!

mustangkayla said...

These are too stinkin' cute! Cute, cute CUTE! I think I'm going to have to make some of those! Had made one for my hubby, but I think my son would get a HUGE kick out of having a dino one!

Diana said...

these are just SO CUTE!! :)

Suzanne said...

These are fabulous!!!!!!!

Sandy Davis said...

What an awesome project. Love the embossing also. Great inspiration!

Simply said...

These are so cute :-) I love them. I may have to make them for my nephews :-) -Bobbi

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

What a clever idea... these are so cute and I just love 'em. And I am SO looking forward to your guest design appearance at Papercraft Star!!