Monday, September 6, 2010

Feeling Edgy?

Hi everyone. I hope you are still in your PJs, sipping on a coffee, enjoying your Labor Day holiday. Isn't that what Labor Day is for? LOL!

It's the first Monday of the month, so it is time for me to issue the Paper Poppy challenge. And, as Frances told you last week, we are taking your lead and combining our monthly sketch with our monthly challenge. Great idea, Paper Poppy People! Here's the sketch.


Can you guess the challenge? This month we want you to use at least three different edges. Anything but straight. Tear it, punch it, use a border sticker. At least three. Here's my take.

Poster Boys

Ok, so first, I just want to say that even though this kit is soft and full of pink, it can still be used for your boy pics. There are plenty of blues in the kit, including the super fun Typo Thickers in Peacock.

For my edges, I chose to use an Indie Girl banner sticker and two Indie Girl paper edges. All five of the Sassafras Lass papers have fabulous scalloped edges on them that are just perfect for this challenge.

My favorite addition to this layout are the flowers. In this month's Add On, you get a variety of raw chipboard pieces. Three of mine were flowers. I covered each one with more of that fabulous vintage dictionary paper. Then added on a vintage milk cap and a punched sunburst. How cute is that little Jenni Bowlin pearl button? Mwuah! LOVE it. You get six in this month's kit.

I can't wait to see what you do with this month's Paper Poppy Sketch Challenge. Link up your layout in the sidebar at the blog by September 25th for your chance to win a $10.00 voucher to the store. Yep, $10. What a great prize!

6 comments:

Sandy Davis said...

Love the sketch and the lauyout! The chipboard covered in that vintage dictonary paper are great! Thanks for the inspiration.

Kat said...

cute layout...and as a side note, your kids are adorable!

Debbie said...

Wonderful layout! I love how you used the paper for a boy layout! I'm going to do the same. Just found a picture that will blend great with the Indie Girl papers!

Kathy Martin said...

Love this page Aphra! Great design! Thanks for coming by my blog! Love to 'see' you there! You can do digital....so stinkin' easy! I'll try and do a toutorial or see if one of the dt gals wants to...show you how simple and open up all kinds of new possibilities like storage free supplies! :)

Laina Lamb said...

Amazing page as usual! Love how you scrunched the tickets!

Caroline said...

Great sketch and a great layout!! Gotta love Thickers. Thanks for joining me at my blog!!