Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Indie Girl's Not Just for Girls

This month's Paper Poppy kit is full of Sassafras Lass Indie Girl papers. Since I first coordinated it all, I was determined that I would still scrap my boys. Despite the flowers and soft colors and feminine embellishments. This week's layout is no exception.

Hoop Star

As I said at the beginning of the month, I know that this kit is full of flowers and soft colors with paper called Indie GIRL, but I am still scrapping my boys with it. Because that is what I do. I scrap my everyday photos with whatever products that I like and want to use. Sooooo . . . I chose these photos becuase the colors match. I guess I could've left out the pink paper but it matches his complexion and that's enough for me.

I decided to use some vanilla cardstock in the center of the floral paper. Ya know, fewer flowers, less feminine, right? Say yes. Thanks. Then to make the vanilla cardstock a little less stark, I used one of the Jenni Bowlin stars as a mask for some turquoise Glimmer Mist. LOVE that effect. And to really make my star pop, I stitched around it with some peacock blue embroidery floss. I liked the star so much that I decided it was a good spot for my title.

And to add a little more dimension and interest to the page, I added some layered stars and journal strips. I have a Sizzix Stars die cut that is just perfect for layered stars. Of course, I had to finish them off with the rest of my Jenni Bowlin pearl buttons.

Thanks for stopping by today! I'd love to hear how you make so-called girly papers work for your boys.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

This is so cute!! yes, the pink works great here!!! I say they are your pages, do what makes you happy..go for it!!! LOL
The beachy titled JB bingo cards had me pull out my pics of Ben playing at the pier. There just may be alittle pink in there! ;)

Diana said...

this large stitched star is AWESOME! Love how this works for the boys too!

~Christina~ said...

This is sooooo cute!

Kim said...

"HOOP There it is"....LOL, channeling my early 90's phase! Aphra, I love that you work those boy pages with just about any paper. Sooooo Cute!!!!!!

Caroline said...

I love papers and how they fit so perfectly with the pictures!! That star looks great!!

Debbie said...

Love the stitching around the star!

Kat said...

another cute layout by you! you always produce such nice, inspiring work!

erin said...

love all the details here!