Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday Again?

They just keep coming, don't they? As much as I like the routine of school and the promise of cooler weather, I just hate how quickly the weekends fly by. I did manage to squeeze in a layout in between loads of laundry, birthday celebrating, and refereeing these boys of mine. This is one with Paper Poppy's September Kit, Summer Daze (only ten left).

Pink Popsicle

All summer long, it was our tradition to eat our dinner and then go outside and have a popsicle for dessert. My youngest always wanted the pink ones. Even when they were actually red, he wanted a pink one. And that was all the excuse I needed to create a pink layout about my little redhead. {I'm realizing that I forgot to journal on this one. GASP! I will definitely have to add that before it goes into the album.}

How about that yellow butterfly, hun? Ooooo . . . I love Jenni Bowlin's embellishments. I really wanted to keep the transparency of the rub-on, but I wanted a little more dimension than that. Solution? I applied the butterfly to a transparency. It was very easy! You could even use some of your packaging if you don't have any transparencies.

I know we've had doilies in previous kits, but we've not had one this large. I just LOVE seeing all those pretty edges poking out from behind my photos. How easy is that? You just stick it down.


And finally, I added another of the Sassafras Lass border stickers to the corner. I backed it with the green cardstock so it could float on the page a little. That yellow and white twine was from the August kit. The colors were perfect. After seeing Frances's layout, I might have to go back and add those little clothes pins to it. We'll see.

Be sure to pop over to the store HERE and grab yourself one of these kits before they are gone!

6 comments:

Frances said...

Good gracious me I love that yellow butterfly!! Sweet, sweet layout Aphra!

Caroline said...

Oh...I love the banner!! I need to try that while I'm away this weekend!!

Cori said...

Fabulous layout! I love when I can use girly stuff on my boys' layouts! Awesome mix of paper and embellies!

Staci said...

this is beautiful, aphra!! love hos you used the butterfly rub-on!

Kim said...

Come claim your award on my blog....thank you for always inspiring me!

Melinda Spinks said...

Oh love the butterfly and the bunting. Aphra, you sure know how to put them together. Love it!