Monday, October 11, 2010

Batty for Math

That's a cute title, hun? Yeah, wish I'd have thought of it when I was creating my layout. Maybe I can . . . nahhh, better not. Lemme just show you what I did.

He's Not Afraid of Math

I just LOVE these Girls Paperie Toil and Trouble papers that are in the Paper Poppy October Specialty Kit (only 5 left!). There's damask, polka dots, newsprint, stripes, and more. And, this line is hard to find, so grab one HERE while you can.

I wanted to give my page some movement and keep my embellishments and title from getting lost in the patterns, so I cut out three cirlces and scattered them across the page. Well, not so much scattered as created a visual triangle.

These cute little bats are cut straight from one of the pieces of patterned paper and then finished off with a button. There are a ton of Basic Grey buttons in the kit, so you'll have plenty for embellishing.

I LOVE these green Bones Thickers. Small enough for long titles and plenty of alphas so you don't run out. And don't they coordinate well with the Scenic Route orange chipboard alphas from the July kit? LOVE a mixed alphas title.

Each kit contains a Little Yellow Bicycle clear cut. Mine had a fun spiderweb in the corner. To keep from covering it up, I cut along the edge of it with my exacto knife and then slipped my photo underneath. That created the perfect spot for my little bling spider.

Thanks for popping in today!

2 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

What a fabo page! Love how you used the Halloween theme for math! :)

Samantha said...

Really like this one Aphra. Fab paper and your concept is lovely and original. Wonderful!