Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Big Ole Pumpkin

Sketch #127 is up at Creative Scrappers. LOVE it. A big circle, scallops, paper strips, white space. A great sketch!

And for some reason, I saw a big pumpkin when I looked at it. Probably because I had just taken some super cute pictures of my kiddos at the pumpkin patch. In any case, here's my interpretation of this week's sketch.

Autumn Blessings

I sketched a pumpkin on some cardstock, cut it out, trimmed it, started over, trimmed it again, chalked it, cut a center, chalked it, and pop dotted it. That's it. Just a few easy steps. Ha ha! I really wanted a big ole pumpkin on my layout though.


Imaginisce's Apple Cider collection was just perfect for this photo and to complement the big honker pumpkin. So, I cut out a stem. That's where the free hand stops. For the leaves, I used some Cuttlebug dies. And then accented them with some I-rock gems.

I also added some clear embossed leaf stickers, also by Imaginisce. They add some neat texture to the cluster, don't ya think? And, of course, I added some burlap twine. I can't seem to leave that off of a Fall layout. LOVE it!

The title is a mixture of Bones Green Thickers and My Little Shoebox Orange Mini Alphas. I especially like the size of the Bones Thickers. Perfect for a small title space.


The last thing I added are some canvas sticker critters. And, yes, you guessed it, Apple Cider collection by Imaginisce.

Well, I've rambled on for long enough. Now you need to hop on over to the Creative Scrappers blog and see the rest of the team's takes on the sketch. Wowee! Just saying!

20 comments:

Michelle said...

Aphra this is just adorable!! I love your pumpkin!!! The twine is just perfect as are all the leaves, paper curls and such. LOVE this Apple Cider line!!

Sandi Smith said...

This is one awesome layout...love every perfect detail!

Julie Bonner said...

AWESOME page Aphra - LOVE that oversized pumpkin & all the little details - definitely want to try this paper pieced pumpkin!!!

Kat said...

another cute layout! your work is always fabulous!

Amy Coose said...

Oh my WORD, I adore that pumpkin! This page is amazing, Aphra! Really, really on eof the best pages I've ever seen. Thanks for the inspo!

Diana Waite said...

okay, this is AMAZING! LOVE all the little details going on--just SO FUN!

mustangkayla said...

Sheesh Aphra! You ROCKED that sketch! Seriously adorable layout! Love the big pumpkin and your embellie clusters are fantastic!

Susan said...

I saw your page on Creative Scrappers and had to come take a closer look. Your Page is adorable and I LOVE the pumpkin! Great job on this sketch!

Kristina said...

I LOVE this layout, it is AMAZING!!

Beautiful work!!

Nicole Nowosad said...

Super cute page.. the pumpkin is so smart!!!!!

Tammy said...

Wow! I'm loving that pumpkin -- it's perfect for this adorable layout.

~Christina~ said...

This is amazing. I absolutely think the pumpkin was perfect for that big round element. I adore the detail around the stem. If you see that totally scraplifted next time I have a pumpkin element to incorporate, don't be surprised....LOL.

Melissa Fournet said...

a,
that l/o is so stinking cute!! you are so creative!! i will have to steal that idea of the giant pumpkin!! :)

JessicaLynn said...

I love the colors that you picked for your card. Thank you for sharing.

I am hosting a contest/free digital download on my blog:
http://jessicalynnoriginal.blogspot.com/

Thank you again
Jessica Lynn

Zoe said...

WOWSERS Aphra this is totaly amazing. Love it

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Wonderful idea to cut an oversized pumpkin. Love it.

Suzanne said...

Absolute perfection!!! Your boys are so cute!!!

Adriana - DRIARTE said...

Just fabulous! A gorgeous layout! Love all of your details...

Lydia said...

This is so beautiful, I love love, love the clear leave, never seen them. Need to get me some!!

Luvy said...

Wow! Just stunning!