Thursday, October 14, 2010

I'm a Papercraft Star!



This week I am excited to be Guest Designer for Papercraft Star Challenge Blog. I mean who doesn't love a good scrapping challenge, right? And that is exactly what you'll find HERE.



My challenge, which went live yesterday, was to create a layout inspired by this photo.


LOVE this photo . . . sooooo much inspiration. The stripes, the bold colors, the polka dots, the paper lanterns, the spiders. All those fab Halloween elements inspired my layout.

2 Spooking Cute

This layout was created with the October Specialty Kit, Toil and Trouble, from Paper Poppy Kit Co. There are a few kits left. You can snag one HERE.



I wanted to dress up my title a bit, so I used my Slice to cut out a large number two from patterned papaer and then I added some googly eyes to my title. Simple, but so cute (if I do say so myself)!

Oh, and that little black spider is actually a flower with four of the petals cut off and then a button for its body. And what Halloween layout would be complete without some gingham bats? Why not, right?


I forgot about this little ribbon trick. Seems like I used to do that all the time and then *poof* gone from my scrappy repertoire. Until I saw it on another layout and thought, "Oh, I used to love to do that." Glad I was reminded of it, too, because this kit has FIVE different ribbons in it.

You can see more inspiration, challenges, and submission details HERE at Papercraft Star! And if you like what you see, they are going to be having a Design Team Call soon.

Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

mustangkayla said...

Adorable...absolutely adorable! Love the layering and those bats are super cute!

Suzanne said...

This layout is wonderful!!! Fabulous!!!

Kathy Martin said...

Fantastic page! Love the orange gingham bats! :)

Susan said...

Really love this one! Awesome job Aphra!

Lisa said...

Love this layout...just might have to copy. :)

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

This layout is SO GORGEOUS! I am just so excited and honored to have you as our featured Guest Designer this week at Papercraft Star! Thanks so much for joining us! I am SUCH A FAN of your creativity!!

Emora Designs said...

Aphra, I absolutely LOVE this layout! There is so much to look at and you can tell you put a ton of work into it! I love the little bats and spider, so cute! A gorgeous layout! Thank you so much for being a guest designer this week at Papercraft Star!!

Regan

wherethey'llgo said...

Adorable layout! Thanks for being our guest designer this week at PCS! Honored to have you!

Kristina said...

Aphra, I am just in love with this layout. There are so many outstanding elements here, my eyes are doing a happy dance! Thank you so much for being our guest designer at Papercraft Star. Can't wait to see more from you in the future!!

Tracy said...

Hi Aphra! Thanks so much for being our guest designer this week at Papercraft Star! I don't even know what to say about this layout. It is just incredible. That paper kit is awesome but the way you've put the page together is what really makes the layout. I saw from your bio that your hubby works in Alaska. Must be somethin' about our southern men and those oil fields. :) I'm next door in MS and my hubby did a few rotations up there (He's too much of a home body for that) and my dad just got back from his latest hitch.
I'm sure the powers that be will be more than happy to have you come back and guest again. Have a great day!

Suzy said...

I love this layout, Aphra!! The scalloped circle and title treatments are my favorite. Thanks so much for being a guest designer at PCS. Have a great weekend :)

Liz said...

This is a wonderful layout. I love the little bats you made and I love the colours you have used. Those photos are just the cutest. Thank you for being a Guest Designer at Papercraft Star this week.

Basement Stamper said...

What a gorgeous scrapbook page, love the details and the pic of the boys is adorable!

sweet craf-tea chick said...

thanks for being our guest designer at Papercraft Star this week, aphra! wonderful layout! great details :)! thanks for sharing and have a great week! *hugs* steph :)