Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Paper Poppy October Sketch Challenge

Happy Wednesday Scrappers! Let's kick off this first week of the month with another Paper Poppy Sketch Challenge. This month we want you to create a layout based on the sketch AND include a number in your title AND use at least one item from the October kit.



3 Times the Fun

I think I used just about every Lily Bee Catching Fall paper in the kit on this one. I just loved them all. Why choose!

For this cute little pumpkin, I cut two pumpkins with my Slice, cut out the center of one, and added it to the top of the other with foam dots. I added a little stem, a chipboard button, and some burlap twine. Swoon!

In order to ground my title and enable it to show up against my patterned paper, I added two of the shipping tags, finished off with corduroy brads and more twine. To give it even more interest, I mixed up my alphas. The two brown alphas come in this month's kit and the blue ones are from September's kit. I just sanded the blue down a bit and then chalked over them in brown, so they wouldn't be so bright.

Finally, the leaves. All three were cut with my Slice. But, if you don't have a die cut machine, you can trace a chipboard leaf or even a real leaf. Then outline and crumple. Love all that texture!

Well, ladies, I hope you'll take our sketch challenge. You can link your layout in the sidebar at the Paper Poppy Blog between now and October 25th to win a $10 voucher. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

4 comments:

Deanna said...

awesome sketch Aphra! I love your sketches! Hopefully I'll get a chance to try this one! ;)

Glynis said...

Love that little blue and orange pumpkin!! Great LO :O)

Teri said...

I just love all your wonderful layout ideas. It makes me think outside the box.

Lindsay said...

Sper cute, Aphra! I love the pumpkin with the different papers and all of the layers! Those leaves are fabulous too!