Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Spooky Tree Clip It Up Style!

Happy Wednesday, Scrappy People! Hope you are enjoying your October so far. I know I am. Cooler weather, shorter days, comfort foods, and Fall decor. I LOVE to decorate my house for Fall. I've got pumpkins and mums and haystacks and scarecrows and leaves. Mmmmm . . . makes me feel warm. I noticed, though, that I don't put out much for Halloween. Just my little Happy Halloween banner that I made a couple of years ago. Sooooo, I thought I'd make myself a little something.

Spooky Tree

I sent my husband out into the woods to grab me a tree branch. He stripped it and spray painted it black. Um, free! Gotta love that! Then, I put it in a vase filled with candy corn and adorned with a little ribbon bow. And then, the fun began!



The decorations! Pretty much all the ornaments on the tree are altered Clip It Up tabs. I just covered each one with paper, added a few little embellishments, added a clip, tied on a bow, and hung them from the tree. And since the Clip It Up tab dividers are made of thick plastic, my ornaments are good and sturdy and can be stored away for next year.



If you haven't already, stop on over at the Simply Renee Clip It Up blog to get yourself an eyeful of scrappy and organizational inspiration. There are some Spooky Specials going on, too! See you soon!

12 comments:

Jamie Lane said...

This is so adorable! What a cute idea for those clips, love it!

Laurel said...

This is so cute!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Super adorable project. I love altered stuff:)

Marielle said...

So spooky cute !!!Love it !

Shannon said...

That is just FABULOUS!!!!! :) *coughcoughmayhavetoliftthatcoughcough*

You are on of my scrappy heroes, this just further proves why!!!

Kathy Martin said...

Eek! Awesome and creative Spooky Tree! Love it! :)

Kristina said...

Super cute! My husband would probably eat the candy corn and the tree would fall over..lol

Robbie said...

What a cute idea Aphra!! Love it!!

scrapstampcrazy said...

very cute

From The Owls' Nest said...

great idea for the clips and those spiders hanging down are sooo flippin cute, er I mean spooky!!!

gottaluvboyz said...

I love this!!! I'm hosting a Halloween party tomorrow and you gave me a centerpiece idea for my DR table. Thank you:)

Rbarakat said...

I love htis so cute Aphra!!!