Friday, October 8, 2010

Summer Breeze

Makes me feel fine. Blowing through the jasmine in my mind. Remember that song? Such a soft, sweet melody. Just like My Little Shoebox's Summer Breeze line. Soft colors, sweet patterns. Ahhhhh . . . gotta love it. Here's what I created with it this month.

@ Nine

This layout was inspired by all the Summer Breeze die cuts. I just love the different sizes, shapes, and patterns. I just arranged them on one side and embellished each. That was a little out of this symmetrical scrappy chic's box, I tell ya. But I do like how it came together.

It was easy to embellish this layout with My Little Shoebox's wonderful cardstock stickers. Aren't those birds cute? So bright and fun! But that banner really steals the show, hun? Cute, cute! And the thing I love about these stickers is how thick they are. And really a great value, too!


And finally, I decided to journal with My Little Shoebox's brown glittered alphas. You get a ton in one package, so I knew I'd be able to list all the words that I wanted without running out. And there are soooo many colors to choose from. LOVE these stickers, too!

Hi Card


I had a couple of Summer Breeze die cuts left after making my layout (yes, you get a ton on a sheet!), so I decided to create a little flower for a card. Sandwiched between the circle and flower die cuts is another banner sticker that I bent and shaped into a circle. LOVE all the colors and patterns on it.

The flower stem and leaves were cut from a scrap of one of the papers from the line. Then I added a cardstock sticker and a stamped birdee. The new My Little Shoebox stamps are precious and so easy to use!

I also like to finish off the insides of my cards, so I have a place to write my message. So what better to do that than another die cut? And I also added some floss in the fold and tied a bow on the front. I thought that added a fun touch on the inside, too.

Well, that's all I have for today! I'll be back Sunday with some Creative Scrappers. Until then, have a great weekend!

3 comments:

mustangkayla said...

That card is too stinkin' CAUTE!

mustangkayla said...

Oh and your layout is adorable too!

Melissa said...

I love the little birdies you used in these projects!! They are so adorable and they really add a fun character to the scrapbook page and card. Great Job!