Thursday, November 18, 2010

Did You See THIS?

I am so super excited and honored to be this week's Making Memories Guest Designer. As soon as I found out that my day would be in November, I started thinking about what kind of Fall layout that I could make. And then, I snapped this beautiful photo of my son at the Pumpkin Patch.

Fall Find

In honor of my Guest Designer occasion, I bought myelf a few new supplies. I chose the beautiful new Making Memories Paper Reverie line. The rich browns and oranges were a perfect match for my photo.


I LOVE the decorative edge on the glittered Specialty Sienne paper, so I used it as the base of my stacked strips. I piled on some Leopard paer, Brun gem tape, pleated Brun tape, and a Metallique scalloped border sticker. Ahhh, this collection has so much pattern and texture available.


I used my Slice Noteworthy Cartridge to cut all the fun frames on my layout. To give the appearance of chipboard, I cut each shape three times, glued them together, backed them with patterned paper, and then embellished each.


Finally, for my title, I pulled out some Making Memories Autumn Spice metallic chipboard alphas that I've been hoarding for a while. I love the size and the shimmery bronze finish. To give them a little richer tone that matches the Sienne paper, I lightly brushed them with some alcohol ink. For the second word of the title, I created a little banner out of the argyle pattern on the back side of the Bees Handwriting paper. I just cut out each of the diamonds and then folded them over a piece of baker's twine. The small letters that spell out "find" are Making Memories Halloween Shimmer Alphas backed with cream cardstock.

It was such a pleasure to get to Guest Design for Making Memories today. Thanks Making Memories!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Aphra, this is just wonderful!! I love all the frames and the strips at the top. I REALLY need to use my slice more!!! You and Julie Bonner have really nudged me to do so!!

mustangkayla said...

Congrats on being guest designer! Your layout is FABULOUS as always! Love all your layering and embellishing!

Glynis said...

Spotted you over on Making Memories - Congrats on the guest designer spotlight. Stunning as always. I love your use of the layered frames, and that colour pallet is just delicious TFS :O)

Tilly said...

How exciting! Congrats Aphra. This is such a lovely layout.

Teri said...

You definitely deserve the GD spot - this is incredible work, Aphra! :)