Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Paper Poppy November Sketch Challenge

Paper Poppy's got a fun one for you this month, ladies! Four photos, a grid pattern, and lots of white space. Woo hooo!!! Here's the sketch and my take on it.

Pumpkin Patch Poses

I think I must have said, "No, Ethan, look at me" at least a dozen times while trying to get some good shots at the pumpkin patch. Too much to see and do. And for goodness sakes, he had a pumpkin to find. So, I just scrapped the photos that were closest to a good shot.
The sketch enabled me to use several of the bright, bold Bella BLVD patterns without the layout becoming too busy. And the kraft cardstock also toned it down a bit. Love me a grid!





Since the sketch was pretty simple, I decided to use my title space as a place for me to group and cluster. The Bella BLVD Cute Cuts and Blocks and Borders sheets were perfect for embellishing. I cut out the leaves, pumpkins, scarecrow, and sign from those sheets and then just layered them along with my title.

I think these American Crafts Bones Green Thickers might just be my new favorites. Um, yes, they were also in the October Specialty Kit. LOVE them that much! And good news...both sets of alphas in the November Main Kit coordinate with the papers in the November Specialty Kit. And since the Thickers are so small, there are a TON of them in the package. Plenty enough for you to use for both kits.
Alright, ladies, we'd love to see your take on this month's sketch. Get your layout linked up in the sidebar (Mister Linky coming soon) by November 30th for your chance to win a special prize!!! I'll talk about that a little later.
Thanks for popping by today!

3 comments:

Luz Maria Bruna said...

What a beautiful Lo and also so sweet.I`ll play for sure!!

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

loving that sketch & your lo is fab!

mustangkayla said...

What a fun fun sketch and your layout is absolutely ADORABLE!