Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ribbon Pumpkin

Hi there Scrappers! Today I made my very first Really Reasonable Ribbon DT post. Wooo hoooo!!! So excited. My card this week was inspired by some fabulous Fall ribbons from the RRR Store: Orange Assortment, Swiss Dots Autumn Assortment, and Dark Brown Gingham.

For the base of my card, I cut a 5" x 5" piece of dark brown Core'dinations cardstock and topped it with a 4 5/8" by 4 5/8" piece of Bella Boulevard One Fall Day patterned paper. Then, I took a Maya Road chipboard pumpkin and covered it with alternating pieces of ribbon. I precut the ribbon, added a strip of Scor-Tape to the back of each piece, and then layed it down. The Scor-Tape made it a breeze to attach the ribbon. Then, I turned the piece over and trimmed off the excess. I used my finger to lightly rub some liquid adhesive all around the border to keep the ribbon from fraying. (Ran out of No Fray. LOL!)


To finish it off my sweet little pumpkin, I used ribbon loops to create a stem and leaves. Then I added a button embellished with orange baker's twine (my favorite way to finish off a button) and a simple sentiment tag with a rub-on from Imaginisce's Apple Cider collection.

Thanks for stopping by today, ladies! I had such a great time playing with ribbon that I think I'll be back next week. See ya then!

11 comments:

Marielle said...

OH ! Aphra this is just the cutest card !!! love the ribbon pumpkin !

Angi @ CokiePop said...

This is adorable. I love how you covered the chipboard with ribbon. Fab idea.

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

this is just adorable!! love the idea

Kristina said...

So super cute, I just LOVE it!!

mustangkayla said...

That pumpkin is too cute!

Nitasha said...

Seriously the cutest pumpkin I've seen this fall. I will have to try this out! Thank you for the inspiration!

Kathy Martin said...

Very cool pumpkin! Love the bright colors you chose! :)

Sarah Mullanix said...

so cute, I love that the pumpkin is made of ribbon too! :)

Zoe said...

Super Cute LOVE the pumpkin.

Debbie said...

Love how you used the ribbon on the pumpkin!

Simply said...

Love the Ribbon Pumpkins such a cute idea :-)