Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day Card

Happy Veteran's Day! In honor of this special occasion and my Thursday post at Really Reasonable Ribbon, I decided to make a Thank You card for all the amazing men and women who have and who are currently serving our country.


For this patriotic card, I cut my 5" x 4" base from Royal Blue Bazzill cardstock and then rounded the bottom corners. I then cut 4 5/8" by 3 5/8" piece of white cardstock and embossed it with Cuttlebug's Seeing Spots folder. And then the fun part! I created a flag out of ribbons and trim.


The stripes were created with six 4 1/2" strips of Red Stripe Grossgrain and attached to the base with Scor-Tape. I usually have to add a TON of adhesive to attach ribbon to an embossed surface, but not with the Scor-Tape. LOVE that! The field of blue was created with royal blue shimmery satin from the November Ribbon Club Assortment. Finally, I added three stars cut from the Silver Star Trim also in the November Ribbon Club Assortment. All of these supplies can be found right HERE in the Really Reasonable Ribbon store.

Thanks so much for visiting today! Hope to see you Saturday for the Really Reasonable Ribbon November Blog Hop!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

love this card!!

Jana Eubank said...

SUPER CUTE card, Aphra!

Shemaine Smith said...

Aphra this is so beautiful!!

Kristina said...

I really like this! Clean, simple and classy!

Teri said...

This is beautiful, Aphra! What a great idea for a card! In Canada, today is Remebrance Day (we don't have Veteran's Day) and we don't celebrate it, as such (it's more of a solemn occasion) but I love the idea of a thank-you card for this day. This is so thoughtful! :)

~Christina~ said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love the sparkly blue letters :)

carol said...

Such a pretty ribbon flower, you did a great job