Thursday, December 9, 2010

Adornit Blog Hop Day 3

Today we thought it would be fun to get you all hopping into action with a little Potato Sack Race. There is nothing as entertaining as watching a group of kids try to hop their way to the finish line, laughing and falling all the way. We also thought it was a perfect way to show off our two adorable owl collections - Pink Hoot and Fern. They are the perfect palette of brightness and fun. I have a couple of cute cards for ya.

Hoo's Having a Birthday


For this first card, I used the Pink Hoot collection and my Cricut Expression. I used my Life's A Hoot cartridge to cut the owl's brown body, pink tummy, and sentiment and the Birthday Bash cartridge to cut the word bubbles. For the owl's eyes, I punched 1" and 1/2" circles.


It's A Real Hoot


This second card was created with the Fern collection, which is sort of like the boy verison of Pink Hoot. LOVE it! Again, I used my Cricut Life's A Hoot cartridge to cut the owl's brown body, orange tummy, tree branch, and sentiment and the Birthday Bash cartridge to cut the word bubble. His eyes are also 1" and 1/2" circles.

For a look at some wonderful ideas on how to craft with this collection, please visit the blogs of some of my talented friends to see what they created. Leave a comment on each of their blogs and "race" back to the Adornit blog and tell them all about it and two people will be entered into a drawing to win one of these collections.
Here's the order of the hop.

Aphra (That's me!)

36 comments:

Nicolle Kramer said...

Your cards are so colorful. The owl is adorable..:)

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

WOW! Super cool cards! Your paper piecing is amazing! Thanks for the inspiration!

ruth said...

Really cute cards!

Kristina said...

I love the paper you used, cutest little owls ever!

Pammejo said...

Beautiful card, love the owl

Peggy said...

Cute cards, your owls are so fun - will brighten up someones day. Thank you for the ideas.

Kelly Massman said...

Those owls are so adorable--what cute cards!

Lindy said...

Your cards are so colorful and fun. I love them!

Lesley from WI said...

Cute...the owl is so much fun!

aud1inok said...

Love your owl cards!

ShoppingTamii said...

Ha! These cards are a hoot!

flamegirl said...

That is so cute. You can't help but smile at this project.

Katie D. said...

Aphra,these cards are too cute! Love 'em!

robin said...

Those cards are so cute! Love the owls.

scrappin_in_AK said...

these cards are so gun and cute and colorful - love them

Kim said...

Those cards are so cute, they make me smile!

Kathy said...

Cute, cute cards, Aphra! Loving those big owls and diecut words!

Audrey Yeager said...

Aphra SO SO adorable! And way to use your die cutting machine!!!!

Brooke said...

Such pretty cards! Great job.

mimisimon said...

Cute, cute cards.

Sam said...

Super cute cards!

Zolyshka said...

What adorable owls! Love the colors you used.

Kimberly Kett said...

I'm loving that owl!!

KateB said...

cute cards!

Debbie Cornish said...

Very cute cards...love the pink and brown together.

Liz said...

Aphra - I am not sure I could live without you! You are such an inspiring person and these cards are really AMAZING!!!

Jessica said...

Wow, these cards are just adorable. I love the owl motifs and I have never thought to use pattern paper for my cricut critters! Thanks for the inspiration.

michelestamps2 said...

love the colors in this line. Your work is beautiful

Margreet said...

such great hoot cards.love them
xxx Margreet

stefeni said...

So cute! I love his sad bug eyes.

spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com

Irit Shalom said...

Lovely project and great hop!thanks

KellyG said...

Love those cards, too cute!

owlbeescrappin said...

AdOrAbLe! I love it! I love owls and I really love pink so the 2 together are super cute....especially yours! TFS

~Angel

Carol said...

Love that owl! I have that cartridge too, so I will have to get it out and give it a go.

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

Mireille said...

beautiful project! totally love this..

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

Very cute cards!!! TFS! -Sam :-)