Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Adornit Misty Hop

Some of my favorite scrappy friends and I are joining together today to share projects created with the Misty collection by Adornit. The hop begins at the Adornit blog, takes you to six designers' blogs, and then ends at the Adornit blog. If you leave a comment at each designer's blog and then at the Adornit blog, you will be eligible to win the ENTIRE Misty collection. Eeek! Now that's a prize worth hopping for. Here's the project I have for you today.

Joy Wall Hanger

The colors in this collection (especially the red and white polka dots) inspired me to create a Christmas project. But, as you will see along the way, the collection is not really a Christmas line. I used Adornit's Square Scalloped Frame for the base of my project. Then I just covered it with different red and green papers from the collection.

Instead of adding a picture to the frame, I layered three circles from the sticker sheet. The small Joy sticker was a perfect sentiment for a Christmas wall hanging. For the tree, I just cut a triangle from a sheet of striped paper and then added a square sticker as the trunk. Finally, I had my husband drill two small holes to the top, so I could add a wire hanger. To dress up the wire, I tied strips of ribbon along it. LOVE that look!

Next on your hop is Frances's blog. She has a beautiful card set to share. Happy hopping!

48 comments:

Pammejo said...

Wow, this is amazing, I love the wall hanging!
pammejo1@yahoo.com
http://pammejo-scrapbookflair.blogspot.com/

Kimberly Kett said...

I'm loving that red polkadot paper!! Adorable creations!!

XXOO AMY said...

adorable creation as always!

Lindy said...

Aphra - totally adorable wall hanging. I love it. TFS :)

Jennifer said...

What an awesome wall hanging!

mustangkayla said...

How cute! Love all the ribbons!

Brooke said...

Beautiful project!

Maggie said...

this is so beautiful.
MAggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Audrey Yeager said...

I never would have thought about using this line for Christmas!! Your project is beautiful!!

Debbie Cornish said...

What a great decor project. The colours in this collection are so bright and dynamic...love it.

pebblesjns said...

That is a gorgeous wall hanger! I really need to take your inspiration and make something similar...can never have too much decor!

Vik said...

So cute! Love that idea and appreciate the simplicity this time of year!!!

creativecowgirl said...

Such a cute project! Thanks so much for sharing!

Kim said...

How totally adorable!!

Glynis said...

Super Cute!!

Jessica said...

Wow, that frame is absolutely adorable. What a fun collection!

Margreet said...

what an adorable wallhanger with those beautiful papers and details!
xxx Margreet

Kelly Massman said...

Ooh,love it! The tree is so cute!

DebiJ said...

Beautiful work Aphra...love all those gorgeous ribbons!

connie said...

love all the ribbons!

Zolyshka said...

This is so so beautiful. I love all the patterned paper; this has inspired me to try using more combinations in my own projects. LOVE IT!

Rachel M said...

pretty frame!

Jnet said...

so cute! love the tree trunk w/ hugs!

Janet said...

so cute! love the tree trunk w/ hugs!

ruth said...

Very cute!

Debbie said...

Very festive!

Sam said...

Super cute project!

scrappin_in_AK said...

cute wall hanging - love the polka dot paper

Kathy said...

That is a cute wall hanging, Aphra...like all of your creations, I love it! This new Misty collection has some fabulous color combos and I love the patterns!

Sarah Mullanix said...

really cute, LOVE the paper!!

Georgana said...

I love this idea - so beautiful!

aud1inok said...

Love the festive patterns in your project!

{Ali•Rae•Lindhardt} said...

Super cute! Luvin' the way you used our paper so cute!
xoxo ALi

Marilyn Peter said...

I love the Pattern Paper and the ribbons set it off beautifully!! Gorgeous project!

Peggy said...

so cute! love your little tree. Thank you for sharing!

Mireille said...

beatiful project! Love your inspiration

Roxane F. said...

Very CUTE!

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

I LOVE this project! Thanks for sharing!

Chrys said...

Gorgeous! Love it!

Katie D. said...

I LOVE IT!

carolyn hartley said...

love your project

B-Jo said...

super cute, and while maybe not a Christmas line, you made an adorable Christmas d├ęcor, love it!

ShoppingTamii said...

this is adorable!!!

cinmfoster said...

Cute project, thanks for the inspiration.

robin said...

That's really neat - like the polka dots and also the ribbon hanger. :o)

stefeni said...

What a cute wall hanger! Love all the ribbons.

spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com

Irit Shalom said...

Lovely colors and great projects!1 Thanks for a hop

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

I LOVE this, great job!!! TFS! -Sam :-)