Thursday, December 2, 2010

Buttons, Bugs, and Ribbon . . . Oh My!

Hi there. I got oodles and oodles of cute stuff in the mail this past month. Stephanie from My Little Bit of Whimsy sent me a whole stash of clay buttons, bugs, and stick pins and Bonnie from Really Reasonable Ribbon sent me yards and yards of gross grain, satin, rik rak, twine, and more. Here's a couple of projects with these goodies!


Busy Little Boy



I LOVE that big black textured button from My Little Bit of Whimsy. Sooo fun! And the argyle print is very suitable for boys. I finished it off with a bit of lemon baker's twine from Really Reasonable Ribbon.



And how cute is that little bumble bee from My Little Bit of Whimsy? His buggy eyes and textured wings. Eeek! Cute. And for his little trail, I used more lemon baker's twine from Really Reasonable Ribbon.


She's All Smiles



Yep, more argyle textured buttons. A yellow and a denim. Both of these are available HERE in the Textured Soft Boyish Buttons Set. To the sweet buttons, I've added a couple of cute ladybugs. They are sold with their red and blue cousins HERE in the Ladybug Embellishments #2 set. And what button would be complete without some cotton candy baker's twine from Really Reasonable Ribbon. Mwah! LOVE that!

I used some Really Reasonable Ribbon tabs to add more texture to my layout. One strip of sunflower swiss dots grosgrain, one strip of light blue random circles grosgrain, and one strip of bright pink fun stripe grosgrain.

Thanks for stopping by today. See you soon!

9 comments:

Chantal said...

Gorgeous layouts! I love what you've done with the ribbon and how you stitched the twine on your layout! I love MLBOW too! Congrats and wow - enjoy all the free stuff! :D

Jessica said...

loving you layouts! ..and happy belated bday!!

Kristina said...

Oh gosh, I am just loving these layouts! That little bee with the twine "flight line" just takes the cake!!

Jennifer said...

Such sweet LO's! The first one is just amazing to me!!! Love everything about it!! Those buttons are terrific!!!

mustangkayla said...

Cute cute layouts!

Melinda Spinks said...

Aphra both these layouts are so darn precious... especially with those cute little whimsical bits and bobs! Love what you've done with them!

Michelle said...

I love both of your pages!! They are both so fun! Love the little embellies from Whimsy!! I hope you had a great birthday!! Love those pics!! You are such a ham! LOL How's the Glee DVD? LOL

~Christina~ said...

These are both soooo very fabulous, but I especially love the pop of yellow in the first and the way the button brings out the yellow in the photo!

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Awesome layouts Aphra! I particularly like the way you used the bakers twine for the little bumble bee trail. Very creative!