Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Harmony Projects

Wanna take a little break from Christmas and check out my My Little Shoebox Harmony design team projects? Thanks. I hoped you would.

Silly Girls

I just love this photo of Frances and me hamming it up in the photo booth at a crop we went to back in October. This is only one of about ten photos. Behind the surf boards, on the surf boards, in the grass skirts, doing the hula dance. Hee hee! It was too fun.

Those geisha girl stickers might have just been my favorite embellishment in this whole collection. Aren't they sweet? And just perfect for representing my bestie and me. The black shiny alphas are actually some mismatched chipboard My Little Shoebox alphas that I painted black with my Elmer's paint pen and then finished off with some Crystal Accents. Easy peasy!

Lucky Me

Every summer my family takes a vacation to the beach, and I feel so blessed to get to hang with them for a week and enjoy the sun and sand and surf. We take plenty of photos while we're there, and I scrap them all year long to relive the experience. This is one of me and the boys right before headed out to the beach on the first day.

I hand cut and pieced that big pink layered flower. I was going for a Lotus flower of sorts. Ya know, to fit the theme of the paper. Not sure how Lotus looking it is, but I do think it has a tropical feel to it. Anyhoo, I have a tutorial coming up soon at the My Little Shoebox blog. Stay tuned.

Budding Friendships

I love this photo of my friend Frances's four kiddos and my two kiddos on a weekend getaway this past summer. When the six of them get together, they are a mess, I tell ya! Almost as much fun as me and Frances. Ha ha!

Those lanterns. Eeek! LOVE them. I hung these from the cherry blossom branch with a little brown embroidery floss. Too fun, hun? (We're going to pretend like that stray piece of floss isn't there because I really don't want to have to retie that itty bitty bow and reshoot this photo.)


Gosh, I just LOVE this line. Such bright colors and fun embellishments. And as you can see from these three layouts, pretty versatile! I'll be back tomorrow with a Harmony card using some Really Reasonable Ribbon. Have a great day!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow.. these are adorable!!! I love the fun colors, geisha girls and those cherry blossom trees!!! Great designs too!! My friend Heather lives in Covington, LA. She went to that Global Wildlife this summer too.. looks like a fun place!!

Wendy Smith said...

OOOH too cute...Love them..your layouts always have so much detail

mustangkayla said...

Very fun layouts! So very cute!

Teri said...

These are FAB, Aphra! I love the bright colours - and yes, it's a nice little break from Christmas! Thanks for the inspiration! :) By the way, I completed a layout based on your sketch (#134) at Creative Scrappers (I LOVED it!!) that will go up on Friday! :) I haven't been able to get online much lately (of course I don't have to tell you how crazy December is for teachers!) so I haven't been able to follow your recent work as much as I would like, but I want you to know that I just adore your style and I find you so inspiring! Merry Christmas, Aphra! :)