Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Imaginisce's Garden Party

Today kicks off the first day of Imaginisce's Garden Party release party. And you know what that means, right? A fabulous new collection. Inspiration, tips, and tutorials from our amazing design team. And super generous prizes from Imaginisce. Woo hoo! Now that's a party!

Here's the newly released line, Garden Party. It is Springtime in a package. Soft colors. Beautiful florals.


For my first project, I created a Welcome Spring Shadowbox. This 9" x 9" shadowbox comes from Ikea. I removed the glass and decorated the wooden insert in back.

I used 2" x 2" squares of each of the patterned papers in the collection to create a grid on the background piece. To give even more dimension, I used foam dots to pop up the squares.

I used the Blossom Tag Die Cuts, curled strips of Darling Dahlias paper, my Cricut Expression and Plantin SchoolBook cartridge, a piece of a Johnny Jump Up sticker stacker, and lots of yellow Hot Rocks to create this cluster in the bottom corner.

And what Spring Shadow Box would be complete without a sweet butterfly banner? Not mine, that's for sure. LOL! I used my Cricut Expression and Birthday Bash cartridge to cut the banner pieces. I created the pointed circles and butterflies with my Martha Stewart punches. Then I attached a large Hot Rock Crystal to the center of each butterfly. Finally, I strung it together with some DMC black embroidery floss.

So, how do you like this new collection? Pretty, I know. Well, you definitely want to take yourself a little stroll over to the Imaginisce blog over the next few days to see what the rest of the designers have created and to try to win yourself some Garden Party.

Have a great day!

9 comments:

Lindy said...

Aphra - this is beautiful. And I love this new collection. TFS :)

Hugs~Lindy

Sarah Mullanix said...

This collection and your shadow box are just gorgeous!! I absolutely LOVE all of those springtime colors and flowers! :)

HeatherC said...

Wow Aphra, this is stunning!

PamS said...

A gorgeous shadow box. You really made use of this beautiful line from Imaginisce.

Marie-Eve said...

That's goegeous. Love all the details.

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love the paper :)

mustangkayla said...

That would look fantastic in my daughters room! My address is.... ;-) Beautiful work Aphra!

JennyKozar said...

That is just beautiful! Love the colors.

Kim. said...

Wow wow wow I am in love with this collection already and I have only seen yours and Pinky's projects lol. This is absolutely stunning and will brighten any room, love your use of elements.
Kim xXx