Sunday, December 19, 2010

Snowflake Frenzy

It seems that lately I am dying to layer some snowflakes on my layout. Um, every layout that might relate to Christmas or cold weather. Can't get enough of 'em. And my layout for today's Creative Scrappers Sketch #137 is no exception.


Joy of Christmas

The sketch called for a large circle in the background, but I decided to do something a little different. So, I used my Cricut Accent Essentials cartridge to cut out an 8" snowflake. An 8" snowflake wasn't quite enough for me, so I added two Girls' Paperie Tinsel Snowflakes, two Maya Road chipboard snowflakes covered with silver ink, and three Martha Stewart large punched snowflakes.


I finished off each snowflake with a button and some cherry baker's twine from Really Reasonable Ribbon. And how about those Maya Road green vintage stick pins? Aren't they lovely? Aren't they just the prettiest green? Yeah, I love 'em and I might just get addicted to them next. *smile*

Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you are having a great day. See you soon!

13 comments:

Michelle said...

I didn't know you had a Cricut machine!! :) Love all of your snowflakes!!! I really like how you did your title too!! Such a cute page... especially that smiley face!! Ethan looks so little there!

JennyKozar said...

This layout is so sweet. Thanks for sharing.

mustangkayla said...

I know that story all to well, little one, drink and scrap table with almost complete layout = disaster. I think it looks great! Your card is so darn fun!

Teri said...

This is gorgeous, Aphra! I adore snowflakes, too, so this is right up my alley! Thanks for the inspiration this morning; I think I'm FINALLY going to get to scrap today now that school's out for the holidays! Yahoo! :)

Jessica said...

i love snowflakes....this pg. is completely awesome...i love love it! tfs and happy holidays!!!

Deanna said...

LOVE this LO Aphra! the snowflakes look awesome! love the variety!

Melinda Spinks said...

WOW... I'd hate to be hit on the head with an eight inch snowflake! LOL! Gorgeous layout Aphra, the snowflakes are perfect!

Cori said...

What an awesome layout! LOVE all of hte layering!!

hilde janbroers said...

love your layout!!

Charmane said...

Hello! You may receive a few visitors on your blog in the next few days – you have inspired at least one of us at Bons Scraps and we have popped on over to check your stunning work out! We hope that you have a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! We LOVE your work! XOXO DT member at Bons Scraps – Charmane Koch

THE SECRET WORD IS: REDUCED

Catie said...

Love the bright colours on your LOs! Merry Christmas from on Bon's blog train!

Crystal Bowman said...

Gorgeous work here!!

Ceci said...

Wow what amazing sense of colour and design you have, I will definitely keep visiting your blog! :)