Thursday, January 27, 2011

Boys' Bookmarks

Today I don't have any doilies or ruffles or pink. Nope. Today, I have a project for my two boys, who love to read. As a former English teacher, I really want to encourage them to keep up that good habit. I buy them books. I read with them. We celebrate when they finish a book. So for our next celebration, I made them each a cute little bookmark.

Boys' Bookmarks

Each bookmark was created with a 12" strip of Really Reasonable Ribbon topped with chipboard and finished with a layered circle and their initials. For the soccer bookmark, I used 7/8 Inch Black Gingham, Red 3/8 Inch Red Rik Rak, and Cherry Baker's Twine. And on the helicopter bookmark, I used 3/8 Inch Dark Grey Grosgrain and Oyster Baker's Twine.

This was such a quick and simple project, buy my boys are going to love it. I think I'll make some more. Maybe I'll do some with hearts at the bottom to give them with their Valentine treats. Or maybe some with crosses for them to use in their Bibles. So many possibilities!

6 comments:

Tanya Allen Lueder said...

I have a really cute heart die you can use!

Michelle said...

These turned out so cute!!! I have to make something for Brit and Ben. Maybe for the Easter Baskets!!!

Vivian said...

Love these, Aphra!!

scrapstampcrazy said...

great idea!

Kristina said...

I love these, super cute!

{Ross} said...

beautiful blog! I don't knew you!! Compliments for all your works