Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Fabulous Combination

Hi friends. I'm back today with a great combination: My Little Bit of Whimsy and Really Reasonable Ribbon. My layout has a lot of texture and interest thanks to the buttons, stick pins, baker's twine, and rik rak. Here have a little look.

Happy at Home




I love Stephani's Itty Bitty Textured Buttons. They are the perfect size for finising off a flower. And don't they look great with some Cotton Candy Baker's Twine tied through them?


For this larger flower, I used a bright yellow argyle print button from the Textured Soft Boyish Buttons set. And that seemed like the perfect home for an Itty Bitty Bird Pin. He's so sweet!


Ok, now this is my favorite part of the layout. To finish off the paper strips, I added a strip of RRR rik rak in between each pattern. So, so easy, but I think it looks kind of quilted. I just love it! I used four different colors of 3/8" rik rak from Really Reasonable Ribbon: ivory, brown, light pink, and light yellow. You can find them HERE at the RRR store.

Be sure to pop over to the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog and enter the One Year Blogaversary giveaway HERE. It's super easy to enter and the prize is FABULOUS . . . over $75 of ribbon, baker's twine, adhesive, a scor tool, etc.

Thanks so much for all your sweet comments this week! I've enjoyed seeing and hearing from all of you. I'll be back Monday with my first post for The Kraft Outlet. Hope to see you then!

7 comments:

lizzyc said...

fabulous layout!! love the papers and colors!

Cin Cin said...

GORGEOUS results! Love the ric rac-it really finishes the LO beautifully. LOVE how you layer, Girlie! :)

Nancy Damiano said...

I love this layout and the pin is adorable!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Beautiful layout. Love the bright colors. You are mentioned on my blog today. Check it out here. :)

http://cokiepopaper.blogspot.com/2011/01/dedicated-to-my-fave-scrappers.html

Kim. said...

Love this layout, your use of the ric rak is a great idea.
Kim xXx

Davi said...

Awesome LO with the cool strips and ric rak!!

Sarah Martina said...

Hey there! :) Thanks for commenting - glad we've found each other! Your works is fabulous!