Monday, January 31, 2011

Give Us a Break, Phil!

Happy Monday Krafters! Hope all is well in your part of the world. Hopefully not too cold (or too hot for my Southern Hemisphere friends)! I sure hope that Punxsutawney Phil pops up out of his hole on Wednesday and does not see his shadow because I'm thinking many of us are not ready for six more weeks of Winter.

Although when it is cold outside, I do spend more time in my craft room. Hmmm . . . In any case, this week's challenge at The Kraft Journal is inspired by our weather predicting little friend. You are to use a groundhog or other furry little critter and kraft on your project. Here's my take on the challenge.


Let's Hang Out Card



For this week's Furry Little Critters challenge, I chose to create a fun kids' card. I used Lunch Bag Kraft Cardstock and Buff Ivory Text Weight Paper for cutting out the monkey with my Cricut Expression and the Create a Critter cartridge. The cross hatched texture of the buff paper adds such a nice detail to the monkey's face. I cut a scalloped label and sentiment, also from the Create a Critter cartridge, from Reminisce's The Wild papers and then faux stitched around the edge of the label. And for the finishing touch, I added Brown Baker's Twine and a button to the top.

Over at The Kraft Journal blog, you can see more of the design team's takes on the challenge as well as details about how to submit your project to be eligible for this month's prize.

Have a warm and scrappy day, my friends!

10 comments:

Kim said...

What an Adorable card! I just love that little monkey:)
~Kim

Audrey Pettit said...

This is SO cute, Aphra! That little monkey totally makes me smile. Love how he's swinging from the vines and love the baker's twine wrap at the top. Really sweet project!

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

That little monkey is just the sweetest... Love the addition of the Baker's Twine too... fabulous!

Michelle said...

This is super cute!!! I love that little monkey!!!

hilde janbroers said...

love the card!! so sweet!

joeygirl86 said...

Oooh that is adorable!! I love that little guy! Ok, I'm gonna check out the challenge! Tfs! ;)

mustangkayla said...

Absolutely ADORABLE card!

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

Very CUTE card!!! :-)

Tracy said...

LOL He's adorable Aphra! Great card! Those papers are so fun. :-)

Kristina said...

I just love that little monkey, ADORABLE!