Monday, January 10, 2011

Kraft Outlet's First Challenge

The Kraft Outlet Design Team is so excited to be revealing our first challenge today. Our word for this week is Flourish. You can interpret that any way you choose. But remember, all challenges require the use of Kraft cardstock or paper somewhere on your project OR the use of any products purchased from the Kraft Outlet to be eligible for prizes! Here's my project.

Sweet on You Card


The 4" x 6" card base was cut from Lunch Bag Kraft Cardstock. Then to add a little interest, I added four 2" x 6" strips of that same cardstock that I punched with my Martha Stewart lace doilie border punch. I sure love all the texture of that little techniqe.



For the top of the card, I added border strips and a flower sticker from Adornit's Sweet On You cardstock sticker sheet. Then, I added a White Round Metal Edge Tag (topped off with another Adornit sticker) using some Red Baker's Twine. To give the card a little more movement, I added a couple of butterflies with pearl flourish trails.

I sure hope you'll join us in this first week's challenge. To see more inspiration from the Design Team and to find out to link up your project, visit the Kraft Journal blog HERE. Oh, and don't forget about the fabulous prize, a $20 voucher to the Kraft Outlet.

Thanks for stopping by today! See you soon.

12 comments:

Debc06 said...

Darling Card.
Debbie
http://craftywizard.blogspot.com

Sherri Thompson said...

So pretty, Aphra! I love the layers of punched borders-they look great done in kraft! thanks for the link to the challenge-this is a new one for me!

Aimee said...

That is so pretty!!

Kristina said...

Super cute Aphra! I love the round tag with the heart, adorable!

mustangkayla said...

What a pretty card! Love the layers of punched edges!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Beautiful design. I sooooo love the layers. :)

hilde janbroers said...

beautiful card!!! Love it!

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

I just adore this card - I love the layers... gorgeous!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is so beautiful, Aphra! I LOVE those layered scalloped strips to pieces. Fabulous use of the metal-edged tag, too. I love the whole cluster with the flower, the twine and the butterflies. So sweet!

Tracy said...

This just looks incredible Aphra! Love the lacy look you got with the punched stips, Your DP just pops on that kraft. Great job! :-)

Suzanne said...

This card is simply gorgeous! Love that border punch, and all the layers you created!!!

KateB said...

I've been wanting the MS punch for like forever...so love this!