Saturday, January 15, 2011

RRR Hearts Challenge

Hi friends. So glad you're here! Today is the start of the Use Hearts challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon. This challenge is sponsored by Creative Charms, who was generous enough to send the RRR Design Team a heap of pink and red goodies. Here's my project.



Love of My Life Card





Well, I was channeling Michelle Wooderson (aka Mish Mash) on this one. She uses doilies and baker's twine and kraft to create the sweetest projects. First, I created a card base with white cardstock and a piece of Martha Stewart pink patterned paper. Then, I layered on a Maya Road kraft envelope and Martha Stewart heart doilie.


And then the ribbon. TONS of ribbon covering a heart that I cut from my Cricut using the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge. To top it off, I used a Creative Charms Red Vintage Poppy brad and some Creative Charms Pink Pearls.

13 comments:

hilde janbroers said...

beautiful!!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Gorgeous. Love all of the details on the heart. :)

Drayia said...

LOVE that heart so much texture and what a beautiful velvet flower. Thanks for sharing.

mustangkayla said...

Very cute Aphra! Love how you used the ribbon!

Michelle said...

This is SO pretty and so creative!!! I love it! I can't wait to get my Plantin cartridge in the mail!! ;)

Divinity said...

oh that is sooooo sweet!!! :)

Jamie Harder said...

So GORGEOUS!!!!

Teri said...

This is so very pretty, Aphra! I love it! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, this is fabulous, Aphra! I LOVE the combo you used here. I just adore kraft and baker's twine and doilies. Stunning way to use that gorgeous ribbon, too. I just adore this!

Smita said...

Such a pretty card!! Love the kraft and the embellished doily... beautiful.

Smita

Gabi Alberti said...

OMG!!! So beautiful!!

Kristy said...

CUTE! Love it!

KateB said...

you have been a busy bee...I lurked around your blog at all your projects btw...so love the ribbon infused heart; I'll have to lift that idea to use all all my ribbon!!!

Katherine (Paper Issues PT)