Sunday, January 2, 2011

Still Having a Scrappy New Year

Hi there friends! I'm taking myself a quick stroll through blog land before I start cooking my pork roast, black-eyed peas, cabbage and cornbread. Mmmm . . . that's how we bring in the New Year here in the South. Goodness, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Anyhoo, here's my layout for Creative Scrappers Sketch #139. The sketch includes one photo, a couple of pieces of paper, and a big circle. Hope you like!

Love You & Me

The paper and embellishments on this one are all from Pebbles Twitterpated collection. I have been admiring the sweet pink, green, and brown color palette since it debuted at the last CHA. I'm glad I finally got the chance to use it.

How cute is that banner? It started as a square die cut. I just cut into four sections and then strung it up. I really like how it turned out.

Ok, well, gotta go. I've got lots of cooking to do. Hope you have a fabulous day too!

13 comments:

Kathy said...

I am SO loving those papers too, Aphra. And the doily. And the banner. And that fabulous photo!
Enjoy that dinner!

Amy Coose said...

Now that's a great souther meal! Makes my mouth water, too. I just love that LO, and the pic is adorable.

Sherri Thompson said...

Aphra, what a sweet layout! I love how you cute the diecut and made it into a banner. They are so popular right now! I find myself adding a banner to many cards, no matter what the occasion! :)

Michelle said...

Oh this is so cute!!! I love the layers and your banner. Great pic too!!! That would be a fun line to have. Wish they would sell Pebbles up here!!

Cori said...

Gorgeous layout!! Love the banner and the colors are so sweet! Happy New Year!

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

what a great lo, love the colors & the banner

Debbie said...

Sweet layout! I just love the banner! Nice pic of you and your hubby! Happy New Year!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Great page .. love the banner along with your awesome photo!

Kim said...

Absolutely gorgeous Aphra!!!!!! And what a fab picture of you two!

mustangkayla said...

What a sweet layout! Great picture!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

MMM MMM I need to come eat at your house. Southern food is the best. Love that layout. The banner is fab.

Melinda Spinks said...

Aphra I really love that pic of you and yours. So many quirky little bits and pieces to look at, the baner, the cluster of embellishments and pins, and the cute buttons with their bows. Love it! Great paper too ;)

lizzyc said...

well Happy New Year!! i love this layout.. it is so full of love and the photo is so relaxed and beautiful.. and the sketch has worked perfectly!!