Friday, February 25, 2011

Bumble Bee, Bling, and Baker's Twine

This weeks' Kraft Outlet challenge inspiration word is bling. Create a project using bling and any product from Kraft Outlet to be eligible for this month's prize. Here's my sweet card.

Honey Card


For this week's bling challenge, I created a shaped card with my Cricut Expression and the Sentimentals cartridge. The 5" bee hive and layer from Brown Kraft Cardstock and Lunch Bag Kraft Cardstock. The 2.5" bumble bee was cut from Buff Ivory Cardstock and Translucent Vellum. To give the Buff Ivory Cardstock a more honey color, I inked it with chalk.

The card's front and back are attached together with an eyelet and then embellished with Licorice and Lemon Baker's Twine from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

9 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

I just adore this super cute card, Aphra! the shape is so fun and so unique that this totally catches your eye and holds it. Love the vellum on the bee's wings and love all the layers for each cut. Really fun!

hilde janbroers said...

love this!!!!!

Robbie said...

So adorable Aphra! Love it!

Michelle said...

I love this!! Such great layers on this!!! You have some great cartridges for your machine!!!

Jana Eubank said...

So cute! I love the Sentimentals cartridge! It's one of my favorites!

Jamie Harder said...

How adorable!!!

Kristina said...

Really really cute Aphra!! I just love shaped cards.

Tanya R said...

Oh this is gorgeous, it caught my eye immediately on the Kraft site.
Hugs
Tanya

Tracy said...

This is adorable Aphra! I love the way you layered the papers. Great look!