Thursday, February 10, 2011

Fairy Tails and Butterfly Trails

Happy Thursday friends! I have another RRR layout to share today. This one is a bit less bright, more soft and subtle. With so many ribbons to choose from at Really Reasonable Ribbon, I can create whatever style layout I like and still find ribbon to embellish it.

Dragon Breath

Even though this layout features a picture of my son, I just couldn't resist using Basic Grey's Kioshi papers and chipboard. The colors were such a great match to the pink and purple dragon mask that came with my little guy's nebulizer. Doesn't he look so pitiful getting his breathing treatment? Don't worry, though, he's fine. Just had a little upper respitory infection that we didn't want to progress into pneumonia. Hence, the title "Dragon Breath."

I used mostly ribbon and trim to accent the top of my picture. To create my photo corner, I layered a piece of Light Blue Random Circles Grosgrain with a piece of Yellow 3/8" Rik Rak. Then, I accented my butterflies with some Cotton Candy Baker's Twine trails.


Another piece of Yellow 3/8" Rik Rak accents the center of my layout as well. I love the movement of the rik rak in the middle of the paper strips. It really draws my eye over to the title.
Thanks so much for coming by today! See you for the RRR monthly blog hop on the 13th.

11 comments:

Melissa said...

Awww...love the story, the picture and the layout!

Auntie Em said...

What a great story and LO to go with the photos. Love your use of rickrack.
Thanks for sharing! :o)

hilde janbroers said...

amazing layout! those flowers are soooooo cool!
the photo is so touching.

Michelle said...

He wasn't too happy about sitting there, it looks like. Glad he is better!! Yes, Kioshi is a great match to your photo!! LOVE this!!

Christine said...

This is a gorgeous layout. I love your work! Thank you for the inspiration!

Kristina said...

Fantastic layout as usual Aphra!

Jennifer said...

Aww, that picture is too sweet! How smart that they make this treatment fun by making such a cool mask!! Your LO is lovely and now you have me wanting to pull out my Kioshi! :)

Jamie Harder said...

What a fantastic layout!! So fun that they made it into a dragon...my daughter has had it many times...sadly with no fun animals:-(

erin said...

my cousin's son has to do those breathing treatments, what troopers they are!
LOVE this layout!

Antonella said...

This is a great layout. I remember when my son had to "do his puffs" as we used to call it. Best of luck! Hugs, antonella :-)

mustangkayla said...

Bless his heart.....ADORABLE layout, absolutely adorable!