Monday, February 7, 2011

Gettin' Krafty with the Cricut

Challenge 5 is up at The Kraft Journal today, and this week's theme is love. Easy enough, right? For my project, I created a love-inspired card that I can give for various occasions. I have some upcoming birthdays in my family. And you just never know when you might need a thinking of you or sympathy card, right? With that in mind, I created a bit of a general card.

Butterfly Card




The base of my card is created from Lunch Bag Kraft Cardstock and a Buff Postcard Shipping Tag. After embellishing the postcard with some Webster's Pages paper and a heart-shaped doilie, I added some Black Baker's Twine. But the centerpiece of the card is the layered butterfly. I used my Cricut Expression and Sentimentals cartridge to cut several layers from patterned paper and Translucent Vellum. The topmost layer of the butterfly is covered with Stardust Stickles and flatback pearl gems.
Ok, so the challenge opens today and runs through Sunday, February 13th. To be eligible for the monthly prize, link up your love project created with Kraft cardstock/paper or some other product from The Kraft Outlet store. Can't wait to see your take!

9 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Really beautiful card, Aphra! I love how you've used the postcard in the background, and just adore all the detail and layering on that butterfly. Makes me smile to see the Webster's Pages papers, too. Always, always love those. This is so pretty!

hilde janbroers said...

beautiful card!! can't wait to get my cricut!!

Michelle said...

This is beautiful, Aphra!! I love the layers and that butterfly.. oh my... gorgeous!!!

Tanya R said...

WOW, this is just gorgeous! Thank you for showing me a great idea for the postcard!
Hugs
Tanya

Lisa said...

What a beautiful card, that butterfly is gorgeous, love the dimension.

Tracy said...

Wonderful card Aphra! That buff postcard really makes your other papers pop and the layered butterfly looks fantastic. Great project!

Kristina said...

The butterfly is just beautiful and I really really like the "stamp". Fabulous card Aphra!

erin yamabe said...

this is just gorgeous! way to go!

Sandy Ang said...

Such a beautiful butterfly on your softly gorgeous card !