Friday, February 18, 2011

Stacking Stickers and Layering Die Cuts

It was finally my turn to design with My Little Shoebox's Green line. Wowee, wow, WOW! What a great line. Loved the bright colors, the wood grain, and the snails. Yummo!!! Here's my two layouts.

Cheap Thrill

Can I just tell you the story behind this one? I mean, with that title, aren't you a little curious? My three year old LOVES quarter rides. He begs to ride them at the grocery store, the mall, every where. Well, he really hit the jackpot at the amusement park this past summer. They had about five of them all lined up. He rode them all. Twice. And loved every minute of it. And . . . it was much cheaper than the go karts and other rides. Score!



Ran those chipboard letters through the Cuttlebug. Eeek! LOVE that! Watch out chipboard . . . you're going to get smushed.

LOVE the die cuts. The snals. The trees. The mushrooms. The bright colors. The grid pattern. I mean, really, there's nothing NOT to like. I just stack all that mess up and voila....cute!

These Two Boys

Oh for heaven's sake . . . could be they be any more different? There's Mr. Serious in the front smiling sweet for his momma. Trying his best to help me get a good picture. And there's the ham in the back. Making every goofy face he can think of. This is the best shot I got. Now what the heck am I going to do with the 57 other pics I took of them sitting on the log? Giveaway anyone?

So, can I tell you about that frame? I used my Cricut Expression and Live Simply cartridge to cut a three layer frame. I love how it draws your eye right to my photo. Then I just layered and stacked some die cuts and stickers. Oh, and added some twine and pearls.


Glittered alphas, mini alphas, die cuts, and stickers. What a great combination!

Thanks for stopping by. I'll be back tomorrow with my two Green cards. More die cuts and sticker stacking. Oh my!

6 comments:

Glynis said...

I love this fun line and have enjoyed playing with it. Great job adding so much interest with all your layers! I love the way you grouped the elements together. TFS :O)

Johanna said...

Really fun lay-outs! I love all the colours!

hilde janbroers said...

beautiful!!!

Michelle said...

Very cute!!! I love all the stickers and die cuts stacked. Gives great dimension! These are just so fun and playful!!

Kathy Martin said...

Absolutely darling!

Lan said...

Super adorable...love the splash of color you always work into your pages.