Friday, March 4, 2011

Cute as a Button

That was this week's Kraft Outlet Journal trigger. We were to create a project with kraft inspired by the phrase Cute as a Button. Here's what I came up with.

Happy Birthday Card

I used Kraft Outlet's Brown Kraft Coverweight Cardstock and October Afternoon Modern Homemake patterned papers for my card's base. And to cover up my paper seam, I added a row of buttons. And I just LOVE a cute button, especially when it's all tied up with Cherry Baker's Twine from Really Reasonable Ribbon. The large red button in the center was big enough to have ribbon tied through it's center, Red Ribbon with White Stitching from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

For my sentiment, I had to use the cute Happy chipboard banner from My Mind's Eye. Perfect! I used Mini Red Rik Rak (also from Really Reasonable Ribbon) to hang it from the top corner of the card. Finally, I added some red My Little Shoebox mini alpha stickers to the bottom.

We'd love it if you'd play along with this week's challenge at The Kraft Outlet. You have until Sunday to link up your Cute as a Button project right HERE. There's a $20 store voucher up for grabs. Happy krafting!

12 comments:

Jamie Lane said...

I love this one! Such a cute design and I love the colors!

Frances said...

Cute as a button Aphra Dee! Hardy-har-har!

Melissa said...

Love, love, love this card!

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

Tracy said...

Adorable Aphra! This card is so fun and colorful. love all those big buttons. :-)

Michelle said...

This is really cute!!! I love the colors!!! so bright and cheerful. Definitely brightened my day. (gloomy here today)

JennyKozar said...

This is really cute.

Melinda Spinks said...

Aphra this is one seriously 'cute as a button' card! :)

Gabi Alberti said...

OMG!! I love your card! I'm crazy about buttons!! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

So, so, so love that row of buttons and the happy banner. This is fabulous, Aphra!

KSD Creations said...

I loved your tutorial on the treat toppers. I make a ton of them every holiday but yours are so much fun with the theme.

I also enjoy playing along with the Kraft Outlet challenges. It is wonderful to find your blog.

Aline Salmon said...

Hello Aphra!!!
I loved your tutorial about the treat bags!!! It's amazing and so cute!!!
Your blog is wonderful also and very inspiring!!!!

kissinia said...

Adorable card! Love your use of buttons. So clever!