Thursday, March 3, 2011

Guesting at the WIP

This month I had the privilege of guest designing for Work In Progress kits. Trish puts together such lovely kits, so I was just thrilled when she invited me to be her March guest designer. The kit was dreamy . . . full of Echo Park's For the Record paper and stickers along with some unique embellishments. Here's my projects.

Butterfly Wall Frame

This altered frame came together all by itself. It started with the frame and the big beautiful hot pink cabochon. Then, when I saw the black polka dotted swirl sticker, I thought butterfly. So I cut out a large one with my Cricut Expression Sentimentals cartridge. The rest was just layering.

8 Days a Week

As soon as I saw all the days of the weeks' tags on the Echo Park sticker sheet, I knew I wanted to do a layout about how I love my husband every day more and more. And then the Beatles' song 8 Days a Week started playing in my head. How fun, hun?


Take Note

Can you guess what inspired this layout? Well, to me, that big Victrola horn looks like my son's instrument. I had to run with it. I mean, what are the chances of a scrappy product reminding me of a baritone again, right? Besides the papers coordinated nicely with his tie. I love that this line can look masculine or feminine.

Tomorrow Card

I wanted this card to be soft and feminine like the floral pattern on the card's base. And what's more feminine than butterflies and a doilie ruffle? But my favorite part is the size of the card. It's 4" x 4". Odd size? Well, the kit contained several black and white envelopes that size, and they were just too cute not to use.

Thanks a Bunch Card

Um, hello lime green cabochon. You are too cute and match so perfectly!

Time Will Tell Card

LOVE this color combo. The Echo Park For the Record line has so many fun bright colors. I just love that you can create a bright, bold project or a soft, subtle project with the same kit.

Thanks for popping over today. And be sure to take a peek at the Work In Progress blog. You'll be inspired!

11 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

wow..... gorgeous everything!!!!!! Love the cards. Hope is all well with you!!!! Miss your kits VERY much.

Jamie Lane said...

These are amazing! I really love your butterfly wall hanging, truly beautiful!

Frances said...

Love these projects Aphra! I have to say that I am a bit sweet on the frame myself. ;)

Sarah Mullanix said...

WOW...I absolutely LOVE all of your work with this line!! :) I really love that frame soooo much!

Carol said...

WOW, fabulous job on all your projects! TFS

Kristina said...

YUMMO....all of it!! Love that paper :)

Jennifer said...

These projects are terrific! Can't wait to get my hands on that line!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Your projects are all just beautiful! So happy to have you guesting for WIP this month!

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

look at all that awesome stuff!! great job useing those papesr!!
-paula

Melinda Spinks said...

Aphra you never cease to amaze me with your work, always wonderfully fresh and inspirational. Fave for me this time round would definitely be your frame... beautifu!

Gabi Alberti said...

I looooved that frame!! It's gorgeous!!