Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mixing It Up with Imaginisce

That's right, ladies. We are mixing lines. *GASP* I know, I know. Easier said than done, right? Well, that was my challenge this month. And lucky for me, Imaginisce has some really great papers, so it wasn't too bad. Here's what I created.
Feeding Giraffes at the Dallas Zoo


I used two different lines here: Berrylicious (green background, yellow sun, and stripe) and Garden Party (blue clouds). I LOVE the backsides of Imaginisce's papers. They are nice neutral patterns and great colors. Perfect for all your scrapping events.



Aren't these little clouds cute? LOVE them. I used my Cricut Expression and Simply Charmed cartridge to cut them at 3 and 3.25" with their shadows, minus the little raindrops. The little sun was also cut from that cartridge. And, of course, they all had to be embellished with i-Rock crystals.



Oh, good grief. Could that giraffe be any cuter? He and his friend in the next picture were cut with the Create a Critter cartridge. One at 7.5" and the other at 5" with Layer 1. Then I chalked them with a couple of different oranges and embellished them with more i-Rock crystals. Simple and sweet!



Finally, I added a long, mixed title. Fun stuff! I have over 50 (probably closer to 75) packages of American Crafts Thickers, and I am not holding back using them anymore. LOL!


This layout is based on a sketch by Allison Davis, author of Sketches for Scrapbooking. She does the BEST double-page layouts. You can see her sketches and sample layouts at her blog HERE. Well worth the trip!


Thanks so much for stopping by today. Have a great day, and I'll see you soon!

12 comments:

Michelle said...

This is so cute!! I love my Create a Critter cartridge too!!

Jessica said...

Adorable! I love how you mixed all the cricut cartridges. I am so going to scraplift this one!

mustangkayla said...

Cute cute cute CUTE! LOVE the mixed title (way to let go of the thickers, lol...), that giraffe is beyond cute (faboo idea with the rhinestones), and LOVE the design!

scrapstampcrazy said...

Oooh i like. Simple but with lots of texture and little touches that really make it. I especially like how you used patterned paper to make your cuts.

Melissa said...

Fabulous LO!

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

Miss Misi said...

Adorable!

Auntie Ang said...

Ahhh this is really cute

mitchmac said...

What a georgous layout! You're right - those giraffes are really cute!

I also really like the alpha - could you possibly tell me what you used?

Melinda Spinks said...

I love giraffes and these are so cute with their blinged out spots. Gorgeous double pager Aphra and wonderful post!

Lisa said...

adorable...love it!

Yvonne said...

LOVE the giraffes!! I have the irock and have been using it on EVERYTHING! Love the layout!

Audrey Pettit said...

Really, really cute 2-pager here, Aphra! I absolutely love your mixed font title work and those giraffes totally make me smile. Love how you created their spots with gems. Love the sun peeking from behind the clouds, too.