Tuesday, March 1, 2011

ScrapRoom's First Ever Blog Hop

Hiya friends! It's March 1st, also known as reveal day at The ScrapRoom. In celebration of the awesome March kit, we are having our 1st ever BLOG HOP!! Start HERE at The ScrapRoom Blog and then hop along to learn more about each designer's favorite layout. Here's mine.

You're a HOOT

For this layout, I used Bella Boulevard's Family Dynamix and Sophisticate's paper, some cardstock, and my Cricut Expression Life's a Hoot cartridge. The paper has so many fun, bright colors in it. You could use it for a variety of layout themes. I was drawn to the woodsy feel of the brown floral paper, so that it was inspired this layout.



This little owl is too cute! I cut him and all his layers at 3" and then adhered him to a blue cardstock circle, so he'd really pop on my page. Doesn't he just look thrilled to be perched up there on my page? LOL



I aded two more blue circles to balance out my layout. One for the title and one for the journaling. To keep them from feeling like they were floating on the page, I did a little faux stitching around the edge. For my stitching, I used a large embroidery needle to punch holes around the edge and then used a dark brown Zig pen to connect the dots. I LOVE that look without having to drag out my sewing machine.

To be eligible for our blog hop prize, leave a comment at each designer's blog. When you reach The ScrapRoom Blog, become a follower and leave a comment letting us know that you finished the hop. One participant will be chosen at random to win a $5 gift certificate to The ScrapRoom Store! Woot! Woot! Check out the blog Friday, March 4th for our winner!

Here's the order of the hop:

Lan Amphone
Melanie Call
Sarah Eclavea
Jenny Moore
Aphra Bolyer -- YOU ARE HERE!
Frances Sylvia
The ScrapRoom Blog

22 comments:

hilde janbroers said...

wow!!! this is gorgeous!

Barbara said...

Definitely has the cuteness factor all over it!! Thanks for the tip on the stitching!

TerryB1964 said...

Love everything about this layout!

Tamika said...

These papers look like so much fun, I love what you did!

Michelle said...

SO so cute!!! I love the cricut cuts!! Stitching is wonderful. LOVE these photos of your little guy!!!

scrappin_in_AK said...

wonderful page - the little owl just sets it off. I'm a follower

Stacy said...

Such a great layout! The bold colors just pop and go great with your photos! That little owl is so cute!

Carol said...

Beautiful layout! The colors are awesome. TFS

Joni Parker said...

Oh my...those blue circles are soooo eye catching... and I love how the HOOT looks... SO fun!!

Marie A said...

GREAT idea for stitching lines!!

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

greaat layout! love the little touches! following you now.

Cynthia B. said...

I just love how you've used the blue circles to balance the page - the blues and the reds on this page just pop. And WTG with your use of your Cricut cart! So cute!

Gab said...

Fantastic LO Aphra ... such great pics!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Aphra, this is just toooo sweet! I love your layout. Totally love the 3 circles. They are perfectly balanced and lead your eye right across the page. Great place for your title and journaling, and I love that owl, too. Really fun and happy page!

Pammie Kay said...

What a crsp, clean layout! A great example! I'm a new follower!

Lillian Child said...

How darling is this layout? Great job - love the owl!

I just found your blog on this hop and am now a follower - so very nice to meet you!

http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

What a fun layout!!! Excellent job! off to look up that Cricut cartridge......

SuzieQ said...

Cuteness everywhere! Love the accents and the colors - boys are cute too.

Kristina said...

Another fabulous layout Aphra, just love it!

Katie said...

love that LO!! Can't wait to lift it:)

Patricia said...

Ihuhu! I could leave my msg here.
Great work/LO!

Adriana said...

Love the owl! Cute layout.